Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scanning the shelves today, I didn't find anything to take home, but on the positive side, I found a gun to scratch off my list.

They had a new SW bodyguard for a little below MSRP. I'm trying not to buy anything made in the PROM, but figured I'd take a look anyhow...

First thing I noticed was NOT the finish - but it's definitely not what I'd expect from a SW.
First thing I noticed was NOT the screwy location for the laser on/off switch (maybe they put it there to make lefty's feel more welcome).

No, it was the (flimsy-feeling) cylinder release glued on top like an old break-top, where the hammer would be on a model 60. Oh, btw, it's right next to the laser switch.

No thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have looked, but have not purchased also due to the flimsy feeling. I have a friend who owns one and loves it though. To each his own. bunker

·
Super Moderator
18,901 Posts
I'm too geezerly to properly appreciate the new model Smith & Wessons as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Put a hogue grip on it and it makes a good bug

·
Registered
110 Posts
I passed on the Bodyguard, too and went with the Ruger LCR. I did not like the design on the BG at all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bought one and have had no issues. It really is an impressive light weight carry option. I'll admit the cylinder release feels a bit cheap, but it does it's job and has given me no hassles. I would recommend this gun to anyone as I really enjoy shooting it too. However I did recently replace it as my EDC with a G19.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My muscle memory expects snubs to operate a certain way, and this one doesn't. The first time (and every time I didn't concentrate on the process) that I tried to reload one my thumb would slide up to the side of it trying to move a cylinder latch that wasn't there. My thumb would press back and forth until I remembered or until I eventually figured out that something was wrong and looked down. To be fair the same thing happenedwith the upside down safety on Ruger's new .22 semi auto . I passed on both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts