Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a good bore light. Can you guys give me any recommendations?
Mike

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
I like my cheap $5 Browning light. Works off a AAA battery. I can see my whole bore/rifling even in my AR and '06.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Some time back I got a simple attachment from Wally World - it has a rubber cap from which goes a length of fiber optic. It goes on to a Mini Maglight and captures the light output - concentrates it at the end of the fiber optic - great for poking into the bore.

Other deal was a cheapie thing from a gun show - just a flashlight with a 90º bent acrylic rod stuck in the end - again - stuff that into chamber and look down.

One old trick which does work - put thumbnail down over chamber mouthat at slight angle, and under a good light source - sun or bright artificial light - it gives enough brightness to see quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used the old white paper trick for looking down a bore. Stick it down in the chamber and it reflects light back up the bore. Just wanted something a little brighter for poking in those dark recess of some guns.
Mike

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I use a Streamlight Stylus Reach which is long and bendable, and good for my short little arms when I want to light up a rifle barrel.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have one of the ones that Betty has in white. That + a piece of white paper is almost too bright. -------

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Betty thanks that is what I was looking for.
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts