Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the day when my dad taught me to shoot and clean guns, about all we had was the Hoppes kit. it did the job, but these days there are all these options.

So, I picked up a bore snake. It looks great, but how does one use it? Do you use it dry or wet (with cleaning fluid). Once the snake is dirty, how do you clean it?

Or maybe it's just easier to answer, how does the snake fit in your cleaning program?

I have one for my Remington .22 and one for my 870 Express.

Thanks!
-M

·
Registered
335 Posts
I swab the bore out with Gunzilla, then nylon brush, then swab, then boresnake a couple of times. THEN, Brownell's JD Bore cleaner (this gets her done!), another swab of Gunzilla then a couple of more runs with the boresnake. Result: beautiful, shiney bore!:danceban:

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Use a bore snake at the range....while the bore is still warm. Back in the old days, I swore by CLP. Now...it's Gunzilla for me as well. The Bore Snake is a quicky and a goody. I also use a Bore Snake for my AR-15 because I think it actually does a better job than a rod and patches. They are worth whatever you find them for actually. Bore Snakes are a firearms enthusiast's best friend. Use them wisely. I have six Bore Snakes total, and can do just about any firearm I own with those. I find them most handy in my 10/22's between total break downs.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Don't let your wife catch you throwing them in the washer. When you do this make sure to put it/them in a bag.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I wet mine (the area around the brush and a bit back from that) with cleaner and pull it through a couple times. I can't say as I have considered cleaning it before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts