Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know what the standard issue firearm for the Boston Police is at this time?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ma betting what ever it is, it will be a 9mm. The confrontation they had this morning shows what their caliber is ain't working.

Reactions: 84160

·
Registered
367 Posts
I ma betting what ever it is, it will be a 9mm. The confrontation they had this morning shows what their caliber is ain't working.
As a former Massachusetts resident, I can assure you that whatever the weapon/caliber of choice for the police, the police did not get to choose it for themselves. Liberal politicians made that choice for them. After all, it is not like the liberals lives are in potential jeopardy, right?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glock 22, 23, 27 or SIG gsr 1911 according to reliable sources at wiki
You are correct. I just got an email from a person with BPD. They use the Glock 22 for duty carry and a 27 for a backup gun, if the officer wants to carry a backup. Their SWAT and SR teams uses 1911 in .45acp. All according to the person emailing me.

·
Super Moderator
22,290 Posts
Glock Model 22 – 15 Rounds
• Glock Model 23 – 13 Rounds
• Glock Model 27 – 9 Rounds with flat floorplate, 10 rounds with extended floorplate
• Sigarms .45 Caliber Pistol – 8 Rounds – Officers shall carry this weapon with the manual safety engaged at all times, except just prior to discharge, or if necessary to disengage the safety to facilitate the loading and unloading process
Page 5 of 10
http://www.cityofboston.gov/Images_Documents/rule303_tcm3-9585.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts