Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a new winchester sxp marine defender yesterday. I spent an hour holding, pumping and dry firing about 6 different models and this one, the most expensive of course, felt the best. I set out to buy the savage 320, to save money, which felt good, but in the end decided to go with a so called better brand that I would not regret.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
...good choice...Winchester is a smooth-shucking pump...I like the 1200s best of all the models but the 120s and 1300s are smooth, too...did you get wood stock or composite?

·
Banned
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...good choice...Winchester is a smooth-shucking pump...I like the 1200s best of all the models but the 120s and 1300s are smooth, too...did you get wood stock or composite?
It's composite, made for a marine environment. I live on the salt water.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Perfect for foul weather...:hand9:

Reactions: Naufragia

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Good choice on the shotty. Enjoy it. My next purchase will probably be a winchester or a another mossy.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sweet, I was eyeing one at the gun show yesterday. Yours is the two tone? It was a sweet looking shotgun, and I really like that big fiber optic sight. Think I wanna get one for my shotty's now.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
pics or it didnt happen

Reactions: NewtownSam

·
Super Moderator
20,198 Posts
Good choice, 'specially where you are. When the Commies start landing at Hardings Beach, you'll be all set!

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Good choice! I have always felt that the Winchester 1200 & 1300 were under appreciated. Even though I have other newer shotguns my go-to HD shotgun is an older 1200 20 ga that is smooth as silk and very fast shooting!

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
southchatham

Kudos on new buy & the better choice, you done~did good

Have to ask; you said you live on the water, would that be in/on ah houseboat? sailboat? or skiff?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nothing more distinct than the rack of a 12 gauge pump to draw attention.....cut mine down to legal length (18.5 inch barrel)..keep it behind the bedroom door..loaded but not racked....I want them to hear that sound if they come in.............be safe, and enjoy......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts