Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys
I picked up the Beretta 92F today for $375.00 It came with the Laser Max, and an extra 15 rnd mag. I took it out today right after the purchase and ran it thru 200 rnds of various 9MM.. functions flawlessly, as I expected it to do. NO FTF or FTE at all. Fit and finish was NRA VG condition. The Laser works fine with right on target (surprized me!) There are some worn areas, that either Aluma black, and some blue will fix. After all, it's a Police Trade-in. NO Police markings though. I shot the targets at 40 ft.. prettty good for a service weapon. :biggrin: I know it's big, bulky, and a 5" BBL but I'm thinking of a weapon that's cheap, even if I trade it, I'll get MORE money than I paid for it! :biggrin:
Ceck out the pix and see if you want one (he has 2 left with Lasers) He also has 5 96's in 40 cal...and a few 92FC's 13 shot with night sights on them for $375.00 I can give you his ## if you wish..Just in case it interests anybody :biggrin:

I ASLO brought my Colt Commander, Sig 239 40Cal, Beretta 92 <I just bought> AND...yes......A GLOCK 36 I have... YES.I DO have a Glock, but don't carry it that often. I bought it a long while ago, and just never shot it much, but here's the pic. I do carry most everything I own though :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey - nice!! I have never had Berettas but have shot them - always felt good. Now I am becoming a SIGophile I daresay I'll never get one.!

What is best mag capacity available?? - I'd imagine for carry 15+1 should be OK - or even better? Yeah it's quite big but hey - so is my 226 - I like large and don't mind weight either. :smile:

Enjoy .............. oh shucks - you already have - well, go do it again! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.....Hi Chris... The total Cap is 16 (15+1) I couldn't pas it up...greedy guy I am....but I know down the road...I'll pass it to another shooter Via a sale or trade.. :biggrin: The guy where I obught this Beretta has tons of Sigs as well. :biggrin: <whispering> BTW I have a new "aquisition" coming check the next post LOL :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
BTW I have a new "aquisition" coming check the next post LOL
Awe shucks - now what??? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Class3nh

Congrats! Nice Find! :king:
It that your first LASER Equipped Firearm?
What do you think of the LaserMax?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Class3, if you do any IDPA shooting, you'll find that the M92 is a SUPERB platform for fast accurate shooting in that venue. I use mine there quite a bit. Galco also make a fine holster for it that conceals very well beneath the photog vest and it's OWB!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the good support on my purchase!! QK? This is not my first laser max. I've had a couple of them in Glocks and a Sig I've owned in the past. The Laser max for the Glockand Sig fit pretty tight after instalation. The Beretta, is a bit loose, ans seems to point low and to the left. I have found, that by turning the Laser max, I can "fit" it to point in a "on target" direction, with minimal effort. Might be the fit of the BBL on the beretta that makes it a bit lose. I know this gun was a LEO's gun, as it was a PD Trade-in with the Laser. Either way, I do believe I got a great deal on it..I looked at New prices on both items. The 92F retails lowball at $540.00. The Laser max lowball retails at around 299.00 to 329.00. Put the two together and it's over 800.00 Lowball retail. At 375.00 for the gun, with an extra 15 shot Hi-Cap mag.. not a bad "steal deal" :biggrin: I also found the Laser to be the "Hi bright" model the batteries do get used up rather quickly. BUT Nothing like seeing that tiny red dot on your chest, or forehead to make you think twice.
The gun is a great item for the IDPA shoots too! Good balance, and longer BBL for the pointability :biggrin:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congats Class3NH....I think you'll be pleased....I'd never consider selling mine even though I don't carry it anymore. It will be reliable for ya, I'm certain. The trigger travel is a lot longer than my other guns and that takes some getting used to unless ya have a smith adjust it. That might possibly be the reason for the low-left shots. :smile:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Prospector said:
Congats Class3NH....I think you'll be pleased....I'd never consider selling mine even though I don't carry it anymore. It will be reliable for ya, I'm certain. The trigger travel is a lot longer than my other guns and that takes some getting used to unless ya have a smith adjust it. That might possibly be the reason for the low-left shots. :smile:
Oh I found out about that long trigger travel for sure!! :biggrin:
It will take a bit to get used to, BUT I'll fool with it a little, and see if I can snug up that trigger travel after the second shot :biggrin: I fooled with the Laser on it today......got it right on the money where the sights line up :biggrin: VERY happy Camper here for the gun at $375.00

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bud White said:
YOu can also get a 40 cal slide and barrel conversion kit if you want and have 2 guns for one
Yeah!! I saw that!! NICE combo to consider...I just might do that :biggrin:
Bud?? Where can I find those conversions? I think I saw a 22 cal conversion, but not sure :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bud White said:
CDDn has the 40 conversion gonna get one after i pick up a 92
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh :biggrin: <Elvis voice> "thang you.......thangk you very muuuuch" :biggrin:
I found the site..........now.wondering if the Centurion slide will fit the 92F.........or might need to stick with a full size 96G slide.. Guess I'll need to call em :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
<Elvis voice> "thang you.......thangk you very muuuuch"
Hey CLASS3 - come on - that didn't sound like Elvis at all! You just gotta get more practice! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hahaha Chris.......ok.go ahaead...lemme here ya !!
Bud? all I need is one.... :biggrin: ya might want to look into that deal I got at Riley's guns.in NH.for the 92 with the Laser max for 375.00 :biggrin:
Bob

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bob - well - you had the words Ok - it was just that accent!! I was more thinkin .

"Thayu - thayu vry muchhh" - damn - so hard to get that accent just right! :tongue: :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you're right!! I have that typical "Paaaaaaaaaaak tha Caaaaaaaaaar .in Haaaavid yaaaaaard" accent.....(park the car in harvard yard) Bostonian accent.LOL
NOW.....Can you even imagine all of us getting together?? I think that would be a reall hoot! now wouldn't it? Maybe a centeral meeting place......Phiily.. Vegas......Huston etc.. might be a good thing to start :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts