Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the gun show here in Las Vegas today and bought two Sig P-220's. Both are previously owned. One is a Sig Certified pre-owned (factory inspected) with stock sights. I paid $550 for it with two 8 round mags, box and all paperwork. Very nice condition.

The other is a bit older model with a different hammer than I'm used to seeing on a Sig and has quite a bit more wear than the first one but still in good shape. It has night sights but they are largely burned out. I paid $425 for that one with one 7 round mag, box and paperwork.

So what do you guys think? Under $1000 for two Sigs. Good deal?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I would say so! but I would have come home with the certified one only from what you are saying about the other one or something else if the money was burning a hole in my pocket.

I would have offered about $325.00 for the older one, but that's just me I always ask for the lowest price first and work up from there with a mental note as to what would be the max I would pay for it, like $375.00 maximum. Makes the seller feel like he did good then.

Where are the pics????????????????

Ti.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Bud that is funny!:congrats:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The digital camera has been loaned out. No pics for awhile yet.

Sorry guys.:spankme:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Well done Bob - not too bad a deal really - and also - ''welcome to the dark side'' LOL!

I have little doubt you'll enjoy these once you familiarize with controls. Give us some feedback later when you get to try 'em out.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sounds pretty good for a couple of Sigs, but we need PICS!! :rant:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
well................ If your happy with them, then I'm happy for you.

What the heck is going on around here? Everyone seems to be jumping on the Sig bandwagon, what did Chris pass out some "special" kool-aid?:22a:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Bruces45 said:
What the heck is going on around here? Everyone seems to be jumping on the Sig bandwagon, what did Chris pass out some "special" kool-aid?:22a:
Well ya aint gotta worry about me buying one anytime soon

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've liked the Sigs since I spent the day with them at Sigarms. I thought they were a well balanced and outstanding handgun. I just haven't had the funds to get the Sig into my hands yet.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
acparmed said:
So what do you guys think? Under $1000 for two Sigs. Good deal?
SOunds like a deal to me! I'm just not sure I'd have bought two of the same model.

So many SIGs, so little time.:image035:

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Bruces45 said:
People have SEEN the light......... :hand10:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, CPO go for about $575 plus tax and PICS fee here in PA, so the CPO was a good deal. The other one sounds fair, not great but fair. IF they shoot straight and don't jam, all I can say is enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
What the heck is going on around here? Everyone seems to be jumping on the Sig bandwagon, what did Chris pass out some "special" kool-aid?
Just a few observations on my part...

Very successful people buy Sigs.:image035:
If they don't know much about pistolas,they'll ask around. Since these people are generally in a upper-mid to upper lever income, they just want the best thing for the money and more often than not its a Sig.

This is true for the most part and seen in the CCW classes that I teach. The white collar folks will have Sigs,and HK's and maybe some higher end Colts.

The rest of the folks will have everything else.

I'm not slamming anyone for their preferences and hope that no one takes offense, but in my neck of the woods, those that can afford Sigs will usually buy them. Ditto for folks that don't make as much money, but know about guns...for instance most of the gun shop guys around here carry Sigs. The more knowledgeable cops that are into guns carry Sigs when they can.

Another observation...

I have never ever confiscated a Sig in my duties as a Deputy. I had to take numerous guns for numerous reasons, but they have all been run of the mill to cheap stuff.

So there ya have it. The more you are around guns, the more you've GOT to have a Sig at some time in your life...:banana: :danceban: :banana: :danceban:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Now that weird most the people round here than work in one gunshop are cops they carry sigs on duty and 1911's in the shop

To each there own sigs just aint for me

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually Chris, I went to the 'dark side' a long time ago. I've had a Sig P-226 9mm for several years, I just prefer a 1911 for carry purposes. (That, just to satisfy Bruce).:wave:

I've always believed that the Sig is one of the best platforms for a shooter of average training and skills. The gun is easy to operate, easy to disassemble and clean. Plus their reliability under adverse conditions is almost legend. If someone can afford one, I usually recommend a Sig to all new shooters and new CCW holders looking for a carry weapon.

This endorsement in no way maligns my trust, belief in and steadfastness of the 1911 platform. (again, for Bruce):comeandgetsome:

I, like Bruce, Bumper, Nighthawk and several others on this forum will probably have a 1911 on my hip as my primary weapon until they bury me with BobFord1. (For those that don't know that is the serial number on my custom RRA 1911 that I had built to my specs.):banana: :danceban: :banana: :danceban:

I just wanted to add to the arsenal a couple more first class handguns.

Below is a pic of the 226 that I keep for insurance purposes.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I daresay Bob you did mention that before - but s 4 brains here probably forgot! :wink: I only think of 1911's when I think of your armament.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts