Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i got my iwb holster in (sidearmor) and i got to messing with it and i put it on and it fit well - BUT, i put my G19 in the holster and left the house.
Well, I went to do the things i had to do.
I live in chattanooga not the best city
well, I forgot to rack it and when i got home i realized it.
Needless to say I was quite upset with myself.. that will be the last time that happens. If i would have needed it i would have been in a mess..

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
oops

I leave my main carry gun loaded all the time just because of things like what happened to you.Thing is,you won't do it again will you.:haha:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do the following:

1. Get a ruler
2. Lay your hand on the table. Knuckles up.
3. Smack knuckles with ruler as hard as you can.
4. Repeat 20 times "I will not holster an unloaded weapon !!"

Let me know if this helps. :)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Check, check and double check. Applies to unloading to clear a gun and same re prep'ing to go out with carry.

Get used to that quick visual when slide drawn back a fraction (in safe direction) - see the puppy sitting there at home - good to go :smilez:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Lesson learned. Sounds like it's not one you will forget soon. That's the best way it could happen.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The BG would have been happy

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Ill suggest you get really good at your tap rack bang drills just in case LOL

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was always double checking my ruger "making sure that puppy was home" but with my new glock I know with just a feel if it there is one in the pipe or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, it is one mistake that wont happen again. when i got home i thought about it alot. you dont have time to rack it in that case

·
Registered
988 Posts
I make it a point to slide check my XD every single time before it goes on my person when I'm going out. That way, I know that no one has unloaded it, there's a round in the chamber, and it's ready to go to work if I ever need it.

Good habit to get into.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If your Firearm has been off your person OR out of your Physical
Control for ANY amount of time YOU CHECK IT!!!
:wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The ONLY time my carry piece isn't ready to rock is when its in pieces in front of me being cleaned.
And as said before every time it leaves my person (showering, sleeping, etc) I check it before reholstering.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i carry an XD also, it has an indicator on the top of the slide that lets me know if a round is ready. kind of nice.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Don't feel too bad, you aren't the first one to do this! Lesson learned!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well lesson learned and heck you could have throwed it at the BG if all else failed. Just joking. Even though I have carried for years I still remember way back when taking baby steps and carrying the weapon all safe not chambered thinking I was all that and a loaf of bread too. Till one day the light bulb went off and I understood I would be toast not bread and I have never carried that way again. At least it was a mistake that turned out ok. Keep on packin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts