Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Perhaps all Mr. Frommer needs is a glass belly button so he can see where he is going and what is actualy happening around him.

:tumbleweed:

I hate that Mr. Frommer has chosen to show his lack of understanding of gun laws across the country by becoming so "shocked" at what happened in Arizona. You would think someone who has traveled the world would be more aware of how the gun laws of so many states allow their citizens to "carry weapons onto the sidewalks" and travel about armed.

It will be interesting to see how the current owners of the "Frommer's Travel Guides" react to their founders uneducated diatribe against the fine state of Arizona. According to several articles I've read, Mr. Frommer sold his ownership of the Travel Guides but remains as a consultant. Arthur Frommer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I owned the company, I think I might want to sit down and have a little talk with Mr. Frommer and see if that relationship needs to be reevaluated. Hopefully his consulting days may soon be coming to an end.

Just last year I vacationed in Arizona and used a "Frommer's Travel Guide" to help me get around the state. And I was very pleased with the information it contained. And this year I used one for Montana and found it to be just as good. Maybe now I will look and see what else is on the market and give them a try the next time I go out of state for a vacation. If ol' Arthur had just kept his big mouth shut, I would have probably bought more guides but until I see how this turns out, I will keep my money or spend it on one of the other guides that I have not tried before.

The comments on his blog are quite entertaining. The suggestion to mail him shredded copies of his guide is by far my favorite.

Kinda strange that he didn't choose to boycott any other state that allows concealed and/or open carry.

I urge Frommer to stay in "safe" places with strict gun control laws like NY, LA, or Chicago.

Looks to me like his travel plans have been reduced to just a few states, and I could couldn't care less.:hand1:

Maybe if voters wake up, he'll have to move to Europe.:congrats::wave:

I went and read the article and then went to the blog to read what he had written. I was going to post a comment but I decided that I did not want to register for his site. Had I done so this is the comment I would have left:

Mr. Frommer, your comment on your blog that you will not travel in a state where they allow people to carry weapons to political events shows that you do not understand what you are talking about. You state that your problem is that you are afraid that someone will take out their gun and shoot into the crowd thereby injuring or killing an innocent bystander.

Mr. Frommer, the police carry weapons! They tend to shoot innocent bystanders occasionally. Heck, they tend to shoot themselves occasionally. A badge does not confer safety with firearms. Safety is up to the individual.

As for the general public being armed at political events; do you really think that Arizona, being an open carry state for quite awhile now, doesn't have political events other than presidential visits? Yet, so far NOTHING has happened at any of those events. Even when political issues are hotly debated and contested people still don't "shoot up the place." So, your fears are both unfounded and illogical.

Mr. Frommer, your prejudices are apparent. As apparent as your lack of both sensitivity and intelligence when it comes to firearms and the general public.

Uh, sounds like you should be glad he won't be visiting your state. He's an idiot.

Isn't there already a thread running in another forum about this?

I would venture that as a collective we would declare the writer of the travel guides is an idiot and a certified hoplophobe.

Biker

Arizona is where I will choose to retire because citizens for now, are able to maintain their second amendment Constitutional rights there. Did anyone get shot, no. Mr. travel "expert" can book his next vacation to Afghanistan.

I assume he will stick to more "friendly" and non-extremist places like NYC, New Orleans and the like, where he can get travel and tourist tips from muggers and murderers, without the possibility of those extremist thugs carrying guns getting in the way.

We all know that washington is going to try to de-fuse the people showing up to protest armed,.. So this is nothing more the CNN and MSN and every other media that the government is controling has done,.. They are scared I'm sure because "behind every blade of grass, there is a gun in America" (I think that was Teddy Roosevelt?)
Not sure who really said it (if anyone did), though it has been attributed (falsely apparently) to Admiral Yamamoto.

Misquoting Yamamoto | FactCheck.org

I first read the word "hoplophobe" back in '94. It's been around, but the Guardians Of Lexography refused to recognize it as a word. Meanwhile, some really silly words have been recognized.

Perhaps Fommers will recommend a boycott of Alaska? Tourists can be such idiots, stopping in the middle of the road to go through their purses or "looky-th-iggle".

Thank you for that word. I'm going to start calling a few people I know hoplophobes.
You can thank Col. Jeff Cooper for the word.

Yes, THAT Col Cooper, at Gunsight. He was quite the genius.

Biker

Guess he shouldn't venture into Washington State, then, either.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.