Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew, it was sure worth the 2 month wait for this beauty. At about the 4 o'clock position it conceals very well with my t-shirt untucked, or a short sleeve button down. Fits my 1911 like a glove and retention is great! If anyone out there is considering a Tucker holster, I don't think you can go wrong!

Jake

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Nice height - nice cant - very smart rig. I think I could get on with that pretty well too. :smilez:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Great looking Holster!! I'm sure your 1911 is a very happy camper!

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Sweeeeeet looking rig. But I don't quite understand the leather fastened to the front outside of the rig that provides the front belt slot. Is there a reason for that configuration? It seems like it would add some bulk. Does it allow for easy one handed reholstering? You said great retention...does this mean it also seems to cling or stick inside whenyou try to draw? I think that's normal for any kind of leather. If it's happening to you, try some of Mitch Rosen's LEATHER LIGHTNING. $12 for about 1.5oz but it goes a pretty long way. Great stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I'll admit that I was leery at first about shelling out that much dough for a holster. Being a college student, every bit helps. In the end I didn't want to have to go through 3-4 different holsters before finding one that worked, and now I'm glad that I just sucked it up.

ExSoldier, I know what you mean about the overflap. When I first saw the holster I thought it was just added leather.....but Tucker makes a point to address this feature.

Straight from Tucker Gunleather.
What's the Overflap for?The overflap provides a way to combine the best of two kinds of holster construction - the pancake (beltslide) and the "wraparound" construction. You end up with a holster that stays open for easy reholstering and still rides like a pancake with leading and trailing belt loops. As a result, the HF series holsters ride securely with the butt of the gun pulled in close to your side.
The holster is highly concealable. The extra layer of leather does not add bulk, but the secure control of the gunbutt keeps printing to a minimum. The HF1 and HF2 are premium belt holsters with the ride, fit and finish professionals are looking for.
My 1911 did "stick" pretty good at first. But the more I draw it and reholster, the more my front site cuts its own groove into the leather, making drawing much smoother. One handed reholstering is not a problem at all as the holster stays open and does not collapse. Thanks for the tip on the leather lightning, it may be worth looking into!!

CHL class in two more weeks, then I still have to wait for the permit to arrive before I can start using some of this stuff. :smiley2:

I highly encourage any of you guys to check out their website. Tuckergunleather.com They've got some pretty cool stuff on there for all different models of handguns.

Jake

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also have the Tucker HF1 for my Para LTC 1911. Great holster. Flap does allow one handed re-holstering.

Did not have to wait 2 months though, walked into Collector's Firearms and they just happened to have one in stock.:image035:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice going.....of course I'm a bit biased here....I bought a Tucker last summer for my Nighthawk, and I totally agree with your impression. It is nice fit.

ExSoldier...the outer leather piece actually helps to "pull" the holster inward against the ole bod. My initial thoughts were that it would cause a "print", but that really isn't the case. This is truly a well thought out design.

It took a little over 3 months for mine, but I also got the belt and mag holder, all with tooled pattern. We'll get years of service outta these babies !!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
TarletonRanger said:
Whew, it was sure worth the 2 month wait for this beauty. At about the 4 o'clock position it conceals very well with my t-shirt untucked, or a short sleeve button down. Fits my 1911 like a glove and retention is great! If anyone out there is considering a Tucker holster, I don't think you can go wrong!

Jake
Jake what brand of 1911 do you got there?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I wondered too about the piece - danged if it doesn't look a lot like my Sistema.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Chris and Delta Force, according to Jake's new member introduction his 1911 is a Springfield.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx George - I was probably not paying attention!!

It was the lanyard loop that caught my eye as well as apparent color.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, it's just a mere Springfield GI, but I sure do enjoy it. The lanyard loop throws a bunch of folks. I've replaced the sights with 3 Dot Hi Vis, tuned the extractor, installed an 18# Wolf recoil spring and put on some functional grips....it's the cats meow for me.

The color is actually a nice park'd black, but the flash from my camera makes it appear more gray that it really is. I load up with 230gr Gold Dots, which will be my carry ammo.

Jake

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know what you mean ordered my Tucker just after Turkey day and got it a few weeks ago. And it was sure worth the wait got the belt to match it is the thickest belt I have ever seen just under 1/2 inch but as most have said worth the money. Bottom line is that both me and my Kimber are happy campers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts