Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I made a last minute stop at the local mall last night. While there, a brawl broke out between a number of youths.

Luckily, we were in the shoe store at the time and the store management locked the metal security gate in order to keep combatants out. We stayed put until everything cleared out. We later learned that one of the participants had a gun.

There was a shooting in the mall parking lot right after Christmas so it looks like this is turning into a pretty risky place to be after night.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What mall? I'd like to know where I should stay away from.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Were you armed? It would make me super nervous to be locked into a shoe store with fight, possible gun fight, right outside. Was it a solid metal gate or one of those mesh linked types?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Living in Texas also I would like to know which mall to stay away from after dark.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Was this down by Houston? That's almost like another country.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Another reason i dont like going to the Mall. There are fights and scuffles there all the time, and in NC we are not allowed to CC in public malls.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Another reason i dont like going to the Mall. There are fights and scuffles there all the time, and in NC we are not allowed to CC in public malls.:rolleyes:
I remember the Asheville Mall was posted, but the signs have been gone for some time now. Is this mall a no-no?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I remember the Asheville Mall was posted, but the signs have been gone for some time now. Is this mall a no-no?
:scratchchin: You know, im not too sure now because i havent paid much notice recently. I'm going to have to look into that further.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
It is a shame that dirtbags and thugs are allowed to roam and ruin even a quiet day at the mall.:blink::hand1::banned:

·
Registered
651 Posts
:scratchchin: You know, im not too sure now because i havent paid much notice recently. I'm going to have to look into that further.
The reason I remember is they had the profile of a semi auto with the circle and slash through it. A friend once said, "semi automatics are banned but you can still carry revolvers":rofl:

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
The mall is a magnt for folks with time on their hands.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I worry more about the parking lots rather then what goes on inside the mall I've never seen a fight inside the mall.I was at a grand opening of a Winn Dixie in Poincianna Florida and there were 2 fights in the parking lot. The people involved were older and should have known better.

·
Registered
408 Posts
While some malls may be posted (those owned or operated by Simon, such as Concord Mills, are infamous for anti-gun), there are no laws in NC banning concealed carry in malls.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
While some malls may be posted (those owned or operated by Simon, such as Concord Mills, are infamous for anti-gun), there are no laws in NC banning concealed carry in malls.
Ironically, you can't carry (CC or OC) in NC at a parade as a participant or a spectator. Does that make any sense?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Self defense in a shoe store... hmmmm..... One could act like that Iraqi protester that threw his shoe at Bush...

I rarely go to the mall. If and when I do, I am armed and have my little eyes open. There are way too many 14-18 year olds who look like they are out on a prison field trip to the mall.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
You can spot a bad mall without going in. Look at the stores. Do they have
Macy's, Nordstroms, Sacks, or is it more like Big Lot's, and baggy pants.
Are they playing classical music or Hip hop?
Does the food court have hot dog stands or PF Chang's.

In my city, all the dumpy malls are closing. The upscale ones are doing well.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Many malls are becoming locations of gang turf wars,,,,if I can't carry, I don't go,,,,don't trust the mall cops to protect me. :rofl:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have seen to some malls, in NC, that are posted on the door with the "gunbuster" sign and can't carry there, but one mall that I was at had nothing on the door, but one you got inside there was a sign that had the "Mall Rules of Conduct". If you stayed there and read it for about 15 minutes, near the bottom it states "Firearms are prohibited, except for a Law Enforcement Officer in the course of his/her duty." So according to that sign, an off-duty officer cannot carry. The only problem the business has to be posted in plain sign for any reasonable person to see before entry into the business. Once you get to the sign, you are already 15 feet in. :blink: They can ask you to leave if you are OC, but if you are CC they will never know. Maybe that is there to keep the :sheep: happy if someone asked about the gun policy, but it is done in such a way the still makes it legal for you and me to CC

1 - 20 of 42 Posts