Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Nothing surprises me about these "smash & grab" thugs. They will use any kind of vehicle they can to do the job. Mostly, stolen ones so they can steal guns.

My bet is on the illicit drug trade with gangs. They love guns, especially the ones they can get without going and legitimately buying one. Most likely they are felons and can't own a gun, so in order to do so, they either steal one, or acquire a stolen one.

This is probably what happened to my stolen guns. I had 4 pistols and 2 rifles stolen from my home in 2012. The investigating officer said the pistols most likely were traded for drugs and the dealers took the guns to Detroit to sell for 5 times their value here and then bring back more drugs to sell in my hometown.

To think, those "progressive" Democrats want to stop people from getting guns in the normal way because they believe if they do that, then the ones who circumvent the legal process will no longer be able to get a gun. Mental illness at it's finest.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
A vet!! These idiots used a vet!! Talk about stupidity.
It was somebody else's 'vette, but using a car made primarily of fiberglass was probably not the best choice.
Especially since the shop they chose was a concrete block building. Word around here is that nearly every shop in town is going to be under 24hr watch for a while by either the owners, the police, or both.

Reactions: blackhawkfann24

·
Registered
170 Posts
The solution is obvious. Gun store are an attractive nuisance luring folks into breaking in and stealing guns. Those guns then end up in the hands of violent criminals on the street.

We need to shut down these gun stores. What could be simpler?

Sam

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It was somebody else's 'vette, but using a car made primarily of fiberglass was probably not the best choice.
That's what I was referring to. I can think of 5 other cars that would have been better. Like a prius...or maybe a compact smart cars :hand5:...hell they might as well used a ATV to try it lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
They're going to have to end up building these stores from the ground up to federal building specs.
One solution might be to put the big decorative "flower pots" in front and sides of the building. They don't detract from the appearance of the building but, if emplaced correctly, they will stop a truck from ramming into the building. Just a thought.
Have seen them around some non-federal buildings but ones that needed just a little more security.
<MP>

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I'd suggest the alternative. Let "Federal Specs" be comPLETELY disregarded beyond what is SPECIFICALLY stipulated as applicable in the Constitution. Beyond that, it's up to the store owner, the landlord & the insurance company (IMHO, as it SHOULD be!). :yup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well I was just stating that Federal building are a LOT sturdier in construction than a building in the private sector. I'm not saying that it should be a LAW that they be constructed in that manner, absolutely not...that should be entirely up to the property/store owner. But that it be done to more stringently secure the firearms. I know someone that works for the U.S. Department of Justice, and they say their building could possibly withstand certain bomb attacks due to how it's constructed.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
That's because so many National Guard Armories were targeted & emptied by Dillingers, Barrows & Barkers. :biggrin2:

I just don't think the Feds are uniquely qualified to "toughen-up" a building. They have enough trouble just...delivering the mail. :hand5:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
It could have been even more stupid. The Thugs could have used a Prius.

It probably would have bounced off the wall and the Thugs would not have gained entry. That would have been quite funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts