Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Comments: Look, they were not at all trained or well led (poor NCO leadership in display - and the Zero's who own these guys should be drawn and quartered = total lack of leadership IMHO)....so be polite, since they are in uniform, and trying........... not very well.....

Can you defend against this?

Warning, there are two bad words said in the video...................

·
Registered
669 Posts
How would one defend a house against this Amateur Hour of a breaching team?

Easy, while Private's Doofus, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum are figuring out how to work a remington 870, you simply grab your AK, and shoot while they stand in front of the doorway. Im going out on limb and say that this must be a training exercise coz they look like they have no idea what theyre doing.

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
Isn't that the Army way?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
id sit above them and pick them off is how id defend against that. that was horrible. something like 6 rounds to breach a door and then just stroll in? i guess they figured after that many shotgun blasts there shouldnt be anyone in there, right? lol.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
If i was the BG iwould have killed them at the door .They all milled around in the fatal funnel long enough for every one of em to be put down.......that was a horrible entry.The breacher should be the only one in the funnel and only if he has to .The breacher can set up number one in the stack shoot the lock then step out of line and let the stack move.Lots of ways to skin that cat ...bottom line is that was BAD if anyone would have been waiting for them they would have been a mess.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Reactions: SpencerB

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
Now, now....we don't want to go there. I have plenty of AF, Navy, and Marine screw up stories to share LOL
Yeah, but its fun to stir it up.

Reactions: SpencerB and suntzu

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
c-4 , m60 detonator, two bags of Docs outdated lactated ringers. Duct tape to door.

That type of complacency in training or actual search will get you and others killed.

I hate video in training or combat keep your head in the game and forget the damn video.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
This is the info from You Tube:

Uploaded on Feb 8, 2008
Shotgun breaching a door on one of many houses we searched in Saab Al Boor.
I hope someone in the chain of command saw this and did some extra training.

Reactions: G-man*

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
Yeah, that's what it should look like in " combat town" MOUT training, not OJT.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Yeah, that's what it should look like in " combat town" MOUT training, not OJT.
That is not even acceptable for MOUT training. After the first attempt to enter failed.........arrghhh:gah: don't me started. THis kind of attitude most likely started with lax training.

Quick story. Back around 1993 we did MOUT training at Ft. Hood. I was still MI at the time and had a bunch of MI soldiers. We had some minimal training by the 1st Cav on what to do. The MOUT course was actually suppose to be more of a leadership challenge for junior NCO's. No one really thought we were training to really do an assualt on a town (MI AEB's don't normally do that!). Anyway, the soldiers took it seriously and they performed better than these bozo's!!

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
MOUT= Military Operations Training on Urban Terrain. IMO, Based on their very clean uniforms and weapons it appears to be a training exercise.

It's also kind of hard to kick in a door that opens out.
The door open inward......watch the video.....

·
Registered
632 Posts
I very much doubt it was stateside training. It looks like it was overseas but there is no way that was a known hostile location. More than likely they just needed access and the shotgun was the only thing they had to make it past that locked metal door. It's easy to take it out of context and sharpshoot these guys. They may have just been giving an inexperienced guy a chance to practice on a real door in a situation that wasn't hostile.....a little on the job training if you will.

Also, anyone that's never served in a combat zone but feels the need to chime in on how "amateur" they are should keep this in mind, they are doing it 100% better than you did.

·
Registered
20,319 Posts
I use to hate MOUT training. That was back before all the cool props and stuff, just wood frame buildings of various shapes and sizes. We also didn't have the knee pads and gear they use now.

We would it it hard, thru windows doors, making human ladders, feeling for booby traps, ect..ect, basically, you were beat all to hell at the end of the day, black and blue, sore, cammies torn and cut.

Then there was Michellin city, a big house built with old tires that had different rooms to go thru, shoot rooms, and if you tossed the damn M67 too hard into the room you were breaching it would bounce off the rubber wall right back at you!

But it paid off in Panama, and other places.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts