Defensive Carry banner

Break-In a Kydex Holster?

7301 8
So, based on some reading and a lot of product and soul searching I finally went for a Comp-Tac Infidel IWB Kydex holster for my PM9, with the "shirt-tuck" clip.

This seems to be a great holster; my weapon slips into it easily and snaps into place securely. I really wanted a hard-shell holster for this gun since it has no active safety I consider it very important that the trigger guard is very tough and that the gun not be easily moved or dropped accidentally.

My issue is that its actually TOO hard to draw the gun. Part of this is my fault - I need a new belt. The clip is sized for a 1.5" belt (per my order) and my belt is smaller than this - gee I guess I should have measured it first but I was thinking I'd probably buy a new belt anyway.

But what happens when I draw is the holster comes half way out of my pants, and the draw takes way too long.

In addition to sorting the belt, do I need to break this holster in a bit? Just sit there and put the weapon in and out a couple hundred times?

Any other suggestions to secure this better?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Administrator
50,356 Posts
"I really wanted a hard-shell holster for this gun since it has no active safety I consider it very important that the trigger guard is very tough and that the gun not be easily moved or dropped accidentally."

Actually a high quality leather holster will cover the trigger guard every bit as securely as Kydex.
High quality leather is equally as servicable as Kydex. A firearm will not move around in good leather nor will the firearm fall out.
I have absolutely no problem with you wanting to opt for a Kydex rig as VS a leather holster for any reason (or no particular reason at all) but, (just FYI) that is not a very logical or valid reason.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.