Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V.P. Cheney just accidentally shot another person during a Quail Hunt.
I have no other details at this time except that the person that was shot was in hospital. If you find the story on the web please post it.
Thanks,
Junior

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't even find the story on the web yet.

It was on the Fox News & CNN bottom scrolling banner.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Accidental shooting by V.P.

February 12, 2006 3:45 PM EST

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed Whittington with shotgun pellets on Saturday at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Cheney turned to shoot a bird and accidentally hit Whittington. She said Whittington was taken to Corpus Christi Memorial Hospital by ambulance.

The anti-gun folks are going to have a field day with this one. I guess it goes to show that it doesn't matter who you are, how much money or power you have and how old and experienced you are, you ALWAYS must be careful and not let your guard down when you're handling a gun. It doesn't matter whether it's a pistol in the house or a shotgun in the field, you must stay aware of what you're doing, where you're at and who/what's around you. If not, accidents can and will happen. :nono:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Rule #2 Mr Cheyney - rule #2!:stups: :buttkick: :spankme:

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
John Wayne shot Ward Bond in the back on a hunting trip.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rachilders & P95

Wise Words.
And YES, Letterman & Leno are going to go hog wild on this story.

Some additional details.
The incident happened on the Armstrong ranch.
Whittington caught some minor bird shot on his right side.
In the cheek, neck, & chest. Sounds very minor (luckily)
Possibly just a few pellets...but, nobody is talking at this point as to the specifics.He is alert & doing very well.
I think that he had come up behind Cheney & failed to announce that he was there & ended up in the line of fire when Cheney turned to pop a bird.
An ambulance & some medical people were already on scene & right there since Cheney always has an ambulance nearby due to his preexisting heart condition.

Believe me...I know what it's like to be clipped and shot down by the boss...since I just got demoted to Forum Junior Moderator. :yup: It's not a nice feeling. I'm doing well though and somehow managing to remain in good spirits.

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Well, at least we have a Vice President that really does shoot. :tongue:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
QKShooter said:
Believe me...I know what it's like to be clipped and shot down by the boss...since I just got demoted to Forum Junior Moderator. :yup: It's not a nice feeling.
That sucks. Do you still get to use the hammer?

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Hammer

Are you kidding??...TOY PLASTIC TONKA TOYS HAMMER is more like it.

I'm An AIRSOFT MODERATOR now.

A Doggone BB Gun Moderator.

I SHOOT BLANKS NOW!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
QKShooter said:
Believe me...I know what it's like to be clipped and shot down by the boss...since I just got demoted to Forum Junior Moderator. :yup: It's not a nice feeling. I'm doing well though and somehow managing to remain in good spirits.

Hey Junior The mods toilet is clogged you need to go fix it :haha:

Boy the next few weeks will be bad for us gun owners

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
I just saw the story on the ABC Network news.

My first thought was he finally shot a Democrat! Then I just laughed, :rolleyes: That guy can't catch a break. :gah:

At least his "victim" isn't in critical condition according to the news.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
QK, you are killing me dude! :haha:

Ti

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
How can you mistake a person for a quail?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that QK, first you're demoted, and then they let monkey boy play with the hammer. Sometimes you just can't get any respect.

Unfortunately on a more serious note I don't really see any good coming out of this.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
rachilders said:
The anti-gun folks are going to have a field day with this one.
They did not waste any time

James and Sarah Brady Comment on the Vice President's Hunting Mishap

2/12/2006 5:40:00 PM

To: National Desk

Contact: Peter Hamm of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 202-289-5792

WASHINGTON, Feb. 12 /U.S. Newswire/ -- James and Sarah Brady made comments today related to Vice President Cheney's reportedly accidental shooting yesterday in Texas.

"Now I understand why Dick Cheney keeps asking me to go hunting with him," said Jim Brady. "I had a friend once who accidentally shot pellets into his dog - and I thought he was an idiot."

"I've thought Cheney was scary for a long time," Sarah Brady said. "Now I know I was right to be nervous."

1 - 20 of 69 Posts