Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not buy products from brigade gun leather.
i ordered a holster at Christmas time and still have not received it.
if i don't get it by next Friday i am going to have to sue them in small claims court
i cant carry my sa xd 40 sub compact because i don't have a holster for it and they're holding me up all i have is my snub .38 spl to carry right now.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I ordered a holster for my Para-Ord C7.45 awhile back and it took almost 4 months to get it. But, I will say it was pretty nice work and I still have and use it. I know what you mean, though. Their customer service is the pits.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Was there a quoted delivery time? A lot of the makers only make a holster upon order, and they make them in order in which the orders were received. It is not uncommon for a custom maker to take 3 or 4 months to get a holster out.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Brigade Gunleather

Their holsters are quite good quality but, they are stock holsters.
You order the makes & models of holsters that they supposedly have in stock.
While they DO make Left & Right Hand versions of their stock gunleather...they do not "custom make" holsters.
They quote no specific delivery times on their web site.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
cnc_marine said:
Do not buy products from brigade gun leather.
i ordered a holster at Christmas time and still have not received it.
if i don't get it by next Friday i am going to have to sue them in small claims court
i cant carry my sa xd 40 sub compact because i don't have a holster for it and they're holding me up all i have is my snub .38 spl to carry right now.

I certainly understand your frustration. However, as has already been said, most small holster shops are really backed up right now. Have you tried just calling them for an update? Very few people in this industry are actual thieves. Maybe just asking them for a refund would resolve your problem.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Back To Work

OK Gary, the break's over. GET BACK TO WORK. :rant: We're wanting our holsters.:rolleyes: :wave: Will it help if I say PLease?
All kidding aside, I would rather buy a holster from someone who has a waiting time than from someone who's hoping the phone would ring. You know the wait will be well worth it.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Hi Guys!

As a moderator, I am supposed to set an example for proper forum conduct. I realized after the fact that I had taken this thread off topic, so I deleted a few posts. The fault was entirely mine and I apologize to all. 'Sorry folks.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
cnc marine, you did not tell us if you had contacted them about the delays or what you were told when you ordered the holster. If you called and can't get any answer or no response to e-mails, then I'd be upset also. I currently have holsters being made from three different holster makers, and I realize the times it takes to get them. After several months just call for a update.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i called

i called them a few times already sometimes they dont answer the phone and every time they give me a different excuse. i am in the manufacturing business and i know it shouldnt take 2 months to make a leather holster.

·
Registered
791 Posts
cnc_marine said:
i called them a few times already sometimes they dont answer the phone and every time they give me a different excuse. i am in the manufacturing business and i know it shouldnt take 2 months to make a leather holster.
That kind of depends I think. If they are a small out fit that custom makes their holsters then two months is understandable. If they are stock made holsters then there is no excuse.

That said I ordered a Hume belt from Gunner's Alley the beginning of February and have yet to receive it. I don't think that Hume is custom made either. I've sent them two e-mails and haven't even received a response. I'm giving them a call tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
cnc_marine said:

Howdy!

Please understand that it certainly is not in my best interest to defend a competitor, so I'm not attacking you or your position. I do understand what it's like to wait. (I ordered a Bob Dozier knife back in November and as of this past week, it is still 9 months out - I feel like a little kid waiting for it)
However, the holster industry is kinda unique from the standpoint that we all use 19th Century equipment and tools in a 21st Century market. The only way to make a decent holster has not changed much in well over a hundred years, and it is a very slow and labor intensive process.
Your holster will probably only take a couple of hours to make - it's the thousand or so guys ahead of you that you are actually waiting on.
I know it's tough to wait. Hang in there...

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's certainly the case Gary...

Now quit loafin and get my holster done...:hand5:

HEHEH

Just kiddin buddy..:danceban: :haha: :danceban: :danceban: :banana:

·
Registered
998 Posts
TonyW said:
That kind of depends I think. If they are a small out fit that custom makes their holsters then two months is understandable. If they are stock made holsters then there is no excuse.

That said I ordered a Hume belt from Gunner's Alley the beginning of February and have yet to receive it. I don't think that Hume is custom made either. I've sent them two e-mails and haven't even received a response. I'm giving them a call tomorrow.
I've gotten similar "service" from Gunner's Alley on Hume products.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow, if two months bothers you, don't ever buy anything from High Noon. The first holster I bought from them took around three months, maybe a little more. I've got another on order from them (placed the order the end of Jan) and they are currently worker on orders from mid to late October. But they don't promise a fast delivery time either.

·
Super Moderator
23,584 Posts
I've gotten similar "service" from Gunner's Alley on Hume products.
I have always ordered my Don Hume leather directly from Don Hume. It takes 4-6 days to arrive (if in stock). They carry a pretty large inventory I think, so I've never had to wait (four different IWB's for common handguns). It is not custom leather like Gary's or Eric's or the other leather "artists". Here's the contact data:

Don Hume Leathergoods
P.O. Box 351
Miami, OK 74355-0351
(800) 331-2686
(918) 542-6604
Fax (918) 542-4340

http://www.donhume.com/

They have a retail on-line store . Good luck.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That sucks

I am sympathetic to your experience. I myself have less than no patients. After much research on the item, last week I was shopping for a milt sparks IWB watch six holster for a kahr P9. Milt Sparks lead time on an item is 12-16 weeks at this point. I searched the internet like crazy and found a holster shop that had a couple in stock. I paid $10 more for the item but received it promptly. I dont know if they carry what you need but check them out at www.lightningarms.com/. Good luck.:twak:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I ordered a Milt Sparks gunbelt ten years ago, and it took three months to get it.

However, that belt lasted me ten years...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts