Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
OP, could you post a picture of the barrel. You said it is cracked, did it crack at the chamber or near the muzzle? I ask because if its near the muzzle that could suggest a squib. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
But Glock money and marketing on the net says they are the best handgun ever made.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not the best gun ever made but it sure is up there. Using the (proper) ammo most Glocks will last a lifetime with minimal repairs.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here is a picture of the ammo. Surplus might not be the best term. After a closer look it says "Military Specifications".

20200608_185229.jpg

·
Registered
18,298 Posts

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
Here is a picture of the ammo. Surplus might not be the best term. After a closer look it says "Military Specifications".

View attachment 329696
During the Vietnam war, our spooks would insert exploding cartridges into the Communist supply chain. The idea was to erode the enemy’s confidence in their weapons when they would keep blowing up.

Sounds like the Chinese are following up on their virus with the same tactic.

In all seriousness, why in the name of all that is holy would you shoot Chi Com ammo? Especially with all the destruction they’ve unleashed upon the world? Throw that garbage away, and consider it a lesson learned.

Hope you heal up soon.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
During the Vietnam war, our spooks would insert exploding cartridges into the Communist supply chain. The idea was to erode the enemy’s confidence in their weapons when they would keep blowing up.

Sounds like the Chinese are following up on their virus with the same tactic.

In all seriousness, why in the name of all that is holy would you shoot Chi Com ammo? Especially with all the destruction they’ve unleashed upon the world? Throw that garbage away, and consider it a lesson learned.

Hope you heal up soon.
My dad picked up a case at an estate sale for cheap and gave it to me. I never would have paid for it.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Have you blown up another Glock with this ammo? Your title makes it sound like this has happened to you before?
No the other Glock mishap was in 2016ish when I converted a G21 to 460 Rowland. One of the metal slide rails on the frame broke off. That was repaired by Glock, no questions asked.... Thankfully.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
I won't get into the Glock argument but I am glad that you are okay. It could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
No the other Glock mishap was in 2016ish when I converted a G21 to 460 Rowland. One of the metal slide rails on the frame broke off. That was repaired by Glock, no questions asked.... Thankfully.
Glad to hear you are ok and were not seriously injured.

Sounds like Glock took care of you the first time. Many would argue that Glock would have been well within their rights to question what happened to the G21 and possibly send you the bill when they found out the pistol was used in a manner not designed by Glock. Just curious but how did they fix the G21?

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
The title of this thread is "Broke Another Glock". @DownInTheDark, just how many Glocks have you broke? If you have broken multiple Glocks, maybe its time to try something different, like a Sig or M&P.
^^^^^ Exactly! "Broke another Glock" and seeing what has happened, means one of 2 things...
1. Are you intentionally trying your own "Tourture Test" on your guns? Actually trying to produce a failure?
2 WTH kind of ammo are you using? and WHY are you continuing to use such ammo?
"Surplus" ammo? What MFG and where did you get it from? (this help the rest of us to AVOID that stuff.
I'm not bashing you, but trying to understand why you've "Broken" another Glock..

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
^^^^^ Exactly! "Broke another Glock" and seeing what has happened, means one of 2 things...
1. Are you intentionally trying your own "Tourture Test" on your guns? Actually trying to produce a failure?
2 WTH kind of ammo are you using? and WHY are you continuing to use such ammo?
"Surplus" ammo? What MFG and where did you get it from? (this help the rest of us to AVOID that stuff.
I'm not bashing you, but trying to understand why you've "Broken" another Glock..
Just to be clear, when you use the words "you", "your" and "you've", you are referring to @DownInTheDark. I don't own Glocks.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Just to be clear, when you use the words "you", "your" and "you've", you are referring to @DownInTheDark. I don't own Glocks.
Yes! My Bad Sorry If I offended you, Wasn't intentional.
... I wasn't referring to you, but actually to @DownInTheDark. I do own Glocks, and a vast number of other handguns too. I'm at a loss to understand what went South. Then again, I've been asked by Customers "Why won't the 357 Magnum fit into a 357 Sig Handgun" and "Is 380ACP a larger Boolitt than the 38 Special? and what makes the 38 Special, so Special" YES, the Darwins are everywhere.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Dont they all?
Not like glock. They master using the internet and forums to market their fame. They sold LE weapons below cost to make a name and it has worked for them. They are the amsoil of handguns.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts