Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning I wake up to check my facebook and see my sister has posted this pic.

So I go to check the legitimacy of this story, and sure enough, it's real. Well, the story and the decision are real. I didn't see a pic of the sign to verify the validity of that, but since the super. mentions the sign, I'm going to assume the signs look something like this.

Brookesmith ISD Says Yes to Guns On Campus

Way to go Texas! Surely this moves the state closer to cc on college/university campuses?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Kudos to the super and the board.

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
All it takes to stop a bad guy with a gun.....

Common sense prevails... in tiny little pockets in this country... Unfortunately, it is not contagious, so we can't expect nor hope for an epidemic.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Outstanding. Wish the rest of the country would wise up.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Some folks are definitely getting it. It's high time we begin protecting our students proactively, beyond merely a check-in process and a couple of locks.

Kudos to the wise folks at Brookesmith. :congrats:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.

That's at least two districts in this great state that are exhibiting extraordinary measures of common sense, along with scattered districts in other states. The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. Keep it up Texas!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
...just emailed thanks and congratulations to the ISD...one small step for humanity...
One giant leap for the kids. As it should be.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.

That's at least two districts in this great state that are exhibiting extraordinary measures of common sense, along with scattered districts in other states. The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. Keep it up Texas!
Harrold ISD is the only other ISD that I'm aware, and I believe they've allowed cc on campus since 2008. I was shocked when my m-i-l told me that. So much so, the I called bullsh*t on her. When I looked it up and realized she was correct.....well, have you ever had to apologize to your mil? It ain't always fun or pretty.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm glad to see this trend starting to take hold. I do still find it amazing that this was a "bad idea" when the NRA proposed it, but now apparently enough time has passed that the individual schools and districts can claim it was their own idea all along.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'm glad to see this trend starting to take hold. I do still find it amazing that this was a "bad idea" when the NRA proposed it, but now apparently enough time has passed that the individual schools and districts can claim it was their own idea all along.
Security-wise, in many ways we "preppers" are ahead of our time. Certainly, at least, when compared to the do-nothing, dial-a-prayer crowd.

CHL took awhile, but it's hard to argue its net improvements in people's safety. Armed staff in schools will undoubtedly be similar, with vastly more benefits and zero blood in the streets as the fearful would anticipate, though as with any solution there will be incidents where violent felons attempt to beat the odds. Better to dramatically raise the odds of their failure, though. Absolutely.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
...me not a prepper...me an American...raised around guns...taught common sense...taught that some things are worth fighting for and some even worth dying for...and taught that all armed evil understands and responds to is crushing superior force...it's been a way of life...

Security-wise, in many ways we "preppers" are ahead of our time. Certainly, at least, when compared to the do-nothing, dial-a-prayer crowd.

CHL took awhile, but it's hard to argue its net improvements in people's safety. Armed staff in schools will undoubtedly be similar, with vastly more benefits and zero blood in the streets as the fearful would anticipate, though as with any solution there will be incidents where violent felons attempt to beat the odds. Better to dramatically raise the odds of their failure, though. Absolutely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts