Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
us gun freaks! :biggrin:

Here's a shot of dad's Broomhandle. Clunky but fun.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Really Nice Broomhandle

Nice condition!
I saw one for sale years ago & locally but, it was all beat up.
Some day I'm gonna SHOOT one of those.

That is such an unusually configured pistol.
What is shooting it like? :confused:
Try to describe shooting it for us forum members who are wondering what it's like to pop some rounds through one of those classics.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Betty - sheesh gal - you tryin' to lose me sleep tonight :biggrin:

Oh my I have always wanted a Broomhandle - and a Skorpion - and a good (minty) Luger - to name but ten :LOL!

Love the old stuff but hey - prices are kinda spendy. Nice piece and one to treasure. Does he have ammo and shoot it at all - or is it just a safe queen?

Oops - see ammo in pic - OK then - does it ever see 'action'?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know Norinco makes a broomhandle, or did rather before the ban. With rumors of their return circulating, one has to wonder if the broomhandle will join us? I'd love one personally.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Betty, that looks like it's in prime condition. Great picture. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Betty - That Mauser is a beauty. It is rare to see one in such good condition. If only money grew on trees . . . :hand56:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been a long time since I've fired that gun, but I remember it was right after dad bought it, and it had a lot of feed problems. It was an awkward gun and had an icky trigger pull - the kind where the trigger is practically touching the back of the guard before it goes BOOM. I'm not sure if that's the original finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts