Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well I want to start this by saying I love revolvers. I feel that there is no one gun that can fill the role of family protection. I keep a G17 with a light and night sites on my nightstand. I cc snubs most of the time. But the time I have to take a fast trip to the store or gas station I have a nice 642 that gemini ported an prettied up for me that I can throw in my pocket. The 642 is now gone my wife has claimed it for her own discarding the 380 bodyguard she originally bought. So off I went to the lgs. I wanted to look at three guns a walther pps, the sig p290, and the shield. The pps was just to big for that nich an the grip was not right. The sig had the worst trigger of the three so the shield is now home with me. I will let you know how the range goes tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Ahhhhh Easy8! I figured you would have been on the hunt for a good SP101 or a 3" GP100! You just gotta represent us wheelgun fans!

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Ahhhhh Easy8! I figured you would have been on the hunt for a good SP101 or a 3" GP100! You just gotta represent us wheelgun fans!
Yeah, that's where I thought his story was heading. I have been eyeing a 3" 686 that has been on my LGS's shelf for a while now. It may end up coming home with me yet, if it's still available the next time I go in.

Easy8, the Shield is a good solid pistol from almost all accounts I have heard. You should be very satisfied with it. Congrats.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Congrats

·
Super Moderator
22,548 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I don't think I have ever fired a S&W Shield yet. I need to. I don't think I have seen a pistol gain such a cult following in such a short time!

Congrats & enjoy!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I brought home the nine, I know its not supposed to be a pocket gun but I am retired an wear cargo shorts most of the time down here in FL. It really fits well in them of course it helps that I am a xxl :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I brought home the nine, I know its not supposed to be a pocket gun but I am retired an wear cargo shorts most of the time down here in FL. It really fits well in them of course it helps that I am a xxl :)
XL pushing XXL here, man I gotta do something about that!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
FYI, When I bought a Shield for my wife, the front sight dot popped out at around the 80th round. So, I just bought Glow-On since she wanted night sights anyway.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
May it serve you well!:yup::hand9:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
A new gun is always good. Congrats and enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Congrats on the new gun.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well took the 9 mm shield to the range. It shoots really well no probs on a couple of hundred rounds but I did hit the mag release twice its real touchy. I came home took the dremel to it made it almost flat with the frame. Seems like it will work fine. Will let you all know after I take it to the range. Side note, our public range in n ft myers is really nice but gets a little crowded. Today I was concentrating on my target all of a sudden a guy two stalls down opens up with a automatic uzi, I mean he had a huge mag an was just blasting down range. Range guy was right beside him an smiling nothing was said. Wasnt aware you could do that at a public range, just saying.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm thinking of buying my wife the .380 Bodyguard. I'm curious what was it about
the BG380 that your wife didn't like?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rhcmic, I have a 380 bodyguard and really like it. It does very well up to about 10yards, of course, that could be me and not the BG. It is very small and great for CCW. In my opinion it has more recoil than my glock 17 or 26.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for the info, Bonernor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts