Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot USPSA at the local club today. I also had two "new to me" S&W's waiting for me at the range. I bought, from two different shooting buddies, a 4" 28-2 and a 2 1/2" 686-5.

Jerry Miculek was at the range when I arrived. He was in Louisville doing an appearance. He and the S&W reps were plinking waiting to go to their next gun shop.

I handed him the 28. He drilled 6 into the target at ~25 yds. It's a good shooter.

I also handed him my USPSA wheelgun (25-2). It has a hitch in the DA and I can't find it. He diagnosed it in about a minute. I fixed it this evening.

I also shot about my best match this year. It was a good day!
Dave

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Congrats! On two very nice guns Airedale!
Two good looking cylinder guns. :yup:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Nothing wrong wih S&W wheel guns.
frankmako

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cleaned and polished the innards of the 28 for about 15 minutes and it is buttery smooth.
I am a fan of N frames.
The 686 is also nice but pales beside the 28 for old school cool.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
The full under barrel lug makes the 686 my favorite. Just looks better to me.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Dave - color me green dude :18: My oh my - meeting ''da man'' and then coming home with those pieces. Oh what a treat. Well - for starters that 28-2 - what can I say - I have one but well, still feel green!

The 686 as well - that is one excellent platform - the better carry of the two perhaps but hey - you are now in proud possession of two of Smith's best IMO. Thank heaven the 686 was pre-spiderhole :wink:

Excellent - well pleased for you - great day :smilez:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Great looking guns! Definitely two "classics" if I ever saw one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts