1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I asked the same thing from my co-workers. They tell me it's dirty - sooty ammo

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've never shot any brown bear but have shot several hundred rounds of silver bear. The ammo leaves your gun dirty but my CZ82 has fired every round without any problems.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I have some Silver Bear ammo I can't remember where I picked up for 7.62x39. I have yet to shoot any of it.
You know the old saying............."if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is"
Price seems too good to be true.
I wouldn't let that keep me from trying some of it though. For my AK-47 that is (7.62x39). I won't use any surplus, questionable, or steel cased ammo in my AR-15 though (.223).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My instinct was telling me that the powder residue is annoying. Lots of Gun Scrubber. I think I will stick with hunting down low priced high quality Winchester ammo at my favorite retailer - WALMART, the place where Libs dont like to go.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I only use it an similar ammo in my Makarovs. Dirty maybe, but since I clean all guns after shooting them it is just a little extra effort. If the price is good and it is available go for it.

I am not sure why some worry so much about ammo that is dirty. Just keep your guns clean and all will be well.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a box of Brown Bear in 9x19. It will not chamber in any 9mm I own.

On the downside, it won't work. On the upside, this box of ammo has lasted for about 5 years.

Dave

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a box of Brown Bear in 9x19. It will not chamber in any 9mm I own.

On the downside, it won't work. On the upside, this box of ammo has lasted for about 5 years.

Dave
:rofl:

I didn't realize it was that bad... But I've personally never tried it...

The "cheapest" I care to go is typically Blazer Brass (which all my 9's love, BTW), or WWB Value Packs...

Something about steel cases makes me want to steer clear of it for my carry guns... Not sure how rational that thought is, but still...

Regards,

Bones

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I only use it an similar ammo in my Makarovs. Dirty maybe, but since I clean all guns after shooting them it is just a little extra effort. If the price is good and it is available go for it.

I am not sure why some worry so much about ammo that is dirty. Just keep your guns clean and all will be well.

Regards,
Jerry
It's not the gun getting dirty that bothers me. It's the stuff that I get all over my hands or in my holster I don't like. That and breathing in the sooty smoke that clouds around me. I hate that stuff.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ives fired Silver bear in 7.62 nato and 7.62x39 and they where much better then Wolf. I've never shot brown bear since I read silver bear was better. I would assume its about the same as wolf though low budget ammo. But Silverbear or Gold bear its not that much more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts