Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question for you. I am looking for a new deer rifle, one that I would like to be able to get good range out of when needed. I am looking for something in 30 '06 or 7MM Mag. I haven't really decided on that yet. That I can probably do myself.

My question is this- I love levers and I came across the Browning BLR. I picked one up tonight in BPS and it was slick. I really liked the action and the feel. My only second thought on this particular rifle was that they now have aluminum receivers and the receiver and barrell didn't match in color as well as I want but the laminated stock was beautiful.

So has anybody ever had a BLR? How has it held up? Any problems with it? Any complaints?

One more thing- I know the old saying that nothing locks up as tight as a bolt, but what about this rotating bolt lever action? Should it be and stay pretty tight?

Thanks and I would appreciate any experience and hopefully some pictures.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P95Carry said:
Re cal - well my son has a nice 700 in 7mm mag - great round but IMHO overkill for whitetails
Yeah, I kinda thought that too. Plus if I can't run into Walmart and get it I probably don't need to be shooting it anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.