Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like MidwayUSA got the Browning BXP .45 in stock finally. I haven't seen any at the local shops or anywhere online so I think this may be the 1st of it to start rolling in on the shelves. All I've seen is "Coming Soon" for months. Going to order a couple boxes and see how my RO Champion likes them.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Did they make this or is just re branded ammo

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Teamed up with Winchester to develop it. I don't know how good it shoots or how it will function in my guns. All I know is that they have pretty yellow and black packaging so it must be good, right? ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Picked up a box of 9mm 147grain target ammo. Cases are black coated. Good quality. Had just as much kick as the Winchester 124 NATO.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I tried some of their 180gr. practice ammo. Didn't have any problems with it, it was clean burning and accurate and they say it is loaded to the same specs as their defensive ammo. One of the local stores started stocking it a few months ago, so I buy it through them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got 80 rounds of the BCX .45 on order from MidwayUSA. Hopefully I can give it a go this week to see how it shoots. I've been using Hornady Custom 200 grain and I've been pretty happy with the results.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my 4 boxes in the mail today. Won't know till I shoot them but hopefully my RO likes them. If so I'll order a few more boxes and shoot some more. Maybe by then there will be some reviews out there by folks that have the means and the knowledge to do an ammo review. All I can do is see if they feed, shoot and post pictures of the pretty yellow and black box.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bass Pro has had the fmj version for a couple months in stores but are priced too high compared to other available fmj. Their version of the hollowpoint has also been in stores but not in .45, only .380. I wonder if the + will work as well as Federals hydra-shock? Someone mentioned the cases are coated, I thought they were black nickel from what I've read.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bass Pro has had the fmj version for a couple months in stores but are priced too high compared to other available fmj. Their version of the hollowpoint has also been in stores but not in .45, only .380. I wonder if the + will work as well as Federals hydra-shock? Someone mentioned the cases are coated, I thought they were black nickel from what I've read.
There is an article in the current "American Rifleman" about this ammunition. According to the article, the cases are brass with black nickel coating. They do seem a bit pricey. ")

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I havent priced the FMJ target loads but I got the BXP's in .45 for $18.79 which seems like a decent price for what I usually pay for carry ammo in boxes of 20. The Browning 30-06 BCX was about $26 a box at Field and Stream the other day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got to try out the Browning BXP's in .45 this morning. Shot 40 rounds and all went bang and were just as accurate as the XTP's I use. I normally carry Hornady Custom 200 grainer's. I brought along the XTP's in 200 and 185 grain as well as the new Browning. Every round was flawless even if you take into consideration my bad aim. They do have a considerable amount of kick compared to the XTP's but its not too bad. Just noticeable.

So there is my lame review if anyone is interested. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts