Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone offer a suggestion for a good quality leather owb belt holster for the Browning Hi Power?? Would prefer one with a retention loop but have been looking at the Galco combat master as I have not found exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Google LOBO Holsters and check out his Avenger. Great all purpose rig thats been around for a long time. His prices are great!

If you want a real nice one I recommend either TT Gunleather or HBE Specialty Leatherworks. Great holsters from two fine gents that'll last a lifetime.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on LOBO holsters. That avenger does look pretty close to what I am looking for.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Plug for HBE and TT. You CANNOT go wrong with either one. As was stated earlier a quality hoster does not need a retention snap for everyday carry. If you are a camper, hunter or hiker a snap holster will give extra retention for rigorous activities.

The Avenger from LOBO is 1/2 the cost of the holsters that HBE and TT make and the quality shows. IMO you get what you pay for, but that Avenger will last a long time and is a great holster for the money.

TT Snap for my S&W CS-1

TT IWB

HBE COM III IWB

HBE Belt

HBE Askins style Avenger

OD made a great point. A HP will fit in a 1911 holster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Holster for Browning Hi-Power

Yes, almost any holster made for a full-sized 1911 will fit a Hi-Power. I used a Galco NSA (Mk 1 version, not the poorly-designed Mk. 2!) for many years.

Right now, I'm testing De Santis 'Intruder' tuckable model for a magazine article. Let you know how that works out ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Browning Hi-Power Holster

Can anyone offer a suggestion for a good quality leather owb belt holster for the Browning Hi Power?? Would prefer one with a retention loop but have been looking at the Galco combat master as I have not found exactly what I am looking for.
Sorry, I didn't see that you were looking for a holster with a "suicide strap". To be honest, unless you're a cop or uniformed security, or go in for advanced gymnastics, a well-made holster, made to your gun's measurements, doesn't need any extra retention devices.

I carried my Browning for years in a 1911 holster without any retention straps, and never had any "fallout"!

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Browing HP is on Fist's gun list...look in here... HOLSTERS :hand10:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I found that my early grey coloured 1911 Serpa holster would jam on the end of the hi-power's takedown lever.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
HBE Com III is a great IWB option (shown here with mag/flashlight pouch):

For OWB, here's the Regulator, from UBG:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts