Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest acquisition...

Lousy pic, I know. It was taken at dusk and the lighting completely washed-out the beautiful polish job.
It's a 2002 version of the Series 70 re-issue that I recently bought. Being it's an early model, it came with the flat nylon MSH instead of arched, blued trigger and double diamond stocks. I replaced the trigger with the "sliver" finish type that was used on the Series 70 of the mid-70s, replaced the MSH with a steel arched model and the double diamond stock with a set of Colt medallion coco bolo's. Just to make it a little more like the originals. :wink:

Those stock are some of the relatively inexpensive "Exotic Coco Bolo" from CDNN.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/co19gofugrwf.html

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
purty lookin' .45 ! i like the clean look to it. no frills, just a simple work mans gun.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
OD, nice Colt! I want to pick one up for the Yost 1* pkg. Enjoy it.

Ti

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
OD...There's that Colt that appeared then disappeared & then reappeared in another forum location. NICE!:yup:
Series 70 remake...damn nice!

Yuk! the "Nylon" mainspring housings.
Who at Colt had that brilliant, stupid idea?
Great...shorter trigger!

I love CocoBolo wood grips...fantastic grip wood.

Great firearm...thanks for posting the pic.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
haha - there it is again!

That OD is real nice - sleak and trim - no major frills and for me anyways - I like the arched MSH - just me. Actually the pic still came out pretty well considering your lighting proble.

I could find room in my safe for that baby anytime :wink:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
purty lookin' .45 ! i like the clean look to it. no frills, just a simple work mans gun.
Thanks Rocky. I am a true believer, "... We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes." Col. Cooper

Thanks Ti, a 1* would be a dandy package to have done.
I have been giving some thought to having this done in a retro GSP.

Thank ya Bud.

QK, it's a magic Colt :wink:
Who at Colt had that brilliant, stupid idea?
I don't have a clue (see I told you, you would be disappointed), but they've been using the dang things for 20+ years now.

Thanks Chris. I'll let you have first dibs on it. :wink:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
OD said:
Thanks Chris. I'll let you have first dibs on it. :wink:
:nono: Oh no, no Beautiful Colts for Mr. S&S, besides he perfers Sigs :biggrin2: .

Nice looking piece OD.

I have found that I am better with the flat housing and long trigger.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
I would really like a 1911 w/ a good melt job done. Some day, I may under take the project.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bruce.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How's she shoot?
I honestly can't say sir, I've not had the opportunity to get it to the range yet. :frown:

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
OD said:
Latest acquisition...

Lousy pic, I know. It was taken at dusk and the lighting completely washed-out the beautiful polish job.
It's a 2002 version of the Series 70 re-issue that I recently bought. Being it's an early model, it came with the flat nylon MSH instead of arched, blued trigger and double diamond stocks. I replaced the trigger with the "sliver" finish type that was used on the Series 70 of the mid-70s, replaced the MSH with a steel arched model and the double diamond stock with a set of Colt medallion coco bolo's. Just to make it a little more like the originals. :wink:

Those stock are some of the relatively inexpensive "Exotic Coco Bolo" from CDNN.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/co19gofugrwf.html
That's ONE CLASSY LOOKIN PIECE YA GOT THERE OD...<major drool factor here>

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bob!

Hey amigo, you wouldn't happen to have a set of wood stocks for a 3rd generation Dick Special at the shop would you? I've set back a later 3rd DS, which came with the Pachmayr's, I'd prefer wood if I can find any.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Very nice firearm, OD!

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Falcon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts