Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of the country, but in LGS in Metro Philly they've been capping the amount of Buck Shot per customer. But today I got lucky and was sold a case (250rds) for $165.00. It made my day.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Good deal. Yes, it is in demand. Right now, anything that is home defense is in demand. Before Sandy Hook, I was occasionally picking up the Remington 12 Gauge OO Buck 15 round value pack and now I never see it. I believe some of the ammo is starting to loosen up though, I've been seeing 9mm & 5.56 in stock - its over priced but it is in stock now with some of the online places.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
For awhile right after SH it was very hard to find any buckshot. But now it's not only everywhere again but the price is at rock bottom lows. Of course, it's also summer and all the hunting seasons are over with. I picked up 100 rounds of buck (asst brands) for $45 a few weeks back.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Locally, I haven't seen a shortage of Shotgun shells. It doesen't seem like the demand for them is as great as it is for other ammo.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Walmart has had a selection of buckshot & slugs for the past several months while they were out of most all handgun and rimfire ammo. I guess it may be a regional thing.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Well it looks like things are getting better for my Wal-Mart as well. I picked up 3 boxes of Remington 00 Buck - 15 round value-pack this afternoon. They have a 3 box limit per day so I decided to get my limit while they were in stock. After I got my 3 boxes, there were 3 boxes left. I asked the cashier about shipment days - I thought the truck came on Sunday nights but she told me the schedule varies and the shells I bought showed up Thursday night. I was a little surprised that there were still any left. As far as the SD handgun ammo goes, the shelves are still bare. I suppose 00 Buck isn't nearly in the demand as the SD handgun calibers.

Now let's hope for the political climate to subside and hope the TSA has become satisfied with their recent thirst so the rest of us can start to have normal access again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The oo bk Sellier and Bellot (sp?) got the test today. Out of my Mossberg 590 20" open choke it makes a softball sized pattern at ten paces, which is the longest conceivable distance I'll be shooting in my apt. I tested further out with perfectly satisfactory results. So no fancy expensive HD ammo for me. I'm happy as a clam and glad I found buckshot.

·
Registered
809 Posts
They were Federal Premium LE Tactical No. 1 buck 2 3/4 15 pellets $7.97 per box of 5 $39.95 and $11.54 shipping from Florida. That coms to $51.39 for 25 rounds.

I had been looking for No.1 buck for along time and couldn't find any so I have been buying 0 buck when I could find it. Then i found the above rounds just on a whim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts