Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may need to be moved; I was not sure where to post it.

I just noticed on Buds website that there are few and fewer name brand offerings. I know guns are hard to find and I am certainly not bashing Buds but it seems that they are more interested in supplying Bidgunner with forearms. I know this is an extremely profitable avenue but but I rarely see mainstream offerings as we have seen in the past. Rather than seeing S&W, Ruger, Sig, Glock etc. I see more, TISAS, CIA, Century Arm, Emperor Firearms, ATI, etc. Yes, the big names are there but in small quantities and small calibers.

Is this becoming the norm among most all of the large dealers in this day and time? I noticed that used firearms are going for just a few dollars below what the newer versions are bringing.

My best!

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
^ Stop sharing our secret.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
I'll stick to my LGS, when you figure in the shipping and paper work there are no big deals that I'm aware of.
Kinda my feeling too. I wouldn't buy a gun unless I could handle it first, meaning it is most likely at an LGS - so I'd just buy it there.

Reactions: IsaiahM33

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Got any secrets for firearms that aren't new? Honestly, there is very little made in 2013 that interests me. I buy a new firearm every couple of years, but the vast majority of my "extra" money goes to things made yesteryear.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think the market is too fluid of them to have much of an online inventory anymore. Their brick/mortar store is very well stocked with many options but everything sells extremely fast (except for the stuff you see on their website). They seem to be focusing more on their LGS as opposed to the web site now during the current gun craze. Why take the time, effort, money to put an object on the web store if it'll sell in the brick store before you can even finish the listing?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what is under foot but I received a mailer from a group of attorneys regarding a liquidation sale at 4115 Lexington Road, Paris KY. When I ran that address through Google it came back to Buds, Jet Guns, Security Safe Outlet, Smokin' Guns, Bud's Indoor Shooting Range And Guns, Bud Wells Indoor Shooting Range and Paris Firearms. I did not do any more searches but you have really question what is going on.

Again... I AM NOT bashing, Buds but I think there is something here that would make a person question the turn of events. If, for what ever reason, Bud's is in the clear, and this is a mistake, I would think a comment on their website would be in order.

Best, all...

·
Registered
18,796 Posts
Not sure what is under foot but I received a mailer from a group of attorneys regarding a liquidation sale at 4115 Lexington Road, Paris KY. When I ran that address through Google it came back to Buds, Jet Guns, Security Safe Outlet, Smokin' Guns, Bud's Indoor Shooting Range And Guns, Bud Wells Indoor Shooting Range and Paris Firearms. I did not do any more searches but you have really question what is going on.

Again... I AM NOT bashing, Buds but I think there is something here that would make a person question the turn of events. If, for what ever reason, Bud's is in the clear, and this is a mistake, I would think a comment on their website would be in order.

Best, all...
Buds sold the old store on Old Paris Rd, and is now in litigation with them. The new owners called the Store Smokin Guns.
I would rather do business with the owners of Smokin Guns than the new Buds Gun Shop.

I was just in Buds today, and its not what it used to be. They have a large inventory for sure, but do not try to trade with them. They have grown so big that they feel they no longer need to offer fair trade pricing.

I used to be a big supporter of them, but I will no longer do business there, and would not refer any friends to them.

The new Buds is in Lexington Ky on Industry Rd.

I am friends with the owners of the new store(Smokin Guns), and they are good folks, and the new Buds is trying to put them out of business with dirty legal tricks by using their contacts in higher places.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Every time I check their site all I see is "OUT OF STOCK". I don't know why they even bother. No use for 'um.

·
Registered
18,796 Posts
Every time I check their site all I see is "OUT OF STOCK". I don't know why they even bother. No use for 'um.
They never update their used gun section. Today they had many used guns, even the old S&W M10's for 279.00.
I would not encourage anyone to do business there.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
...I been kickin' my own butt not to have taken advantage of the used police revolvers...M64s, 2" and 4"...when they really were for those prices...don't think we'll see 'em again...
...I think our best bet is the local shops and pawnshops...as folks inherit revolvers, and don't want 'em...they're trading them in...my local gets some great revolvers...got my boy a 1951 2nd Generation Dick Spl last week...

·
Registered
18,796 Posts
...I been kickin' my own butt not to have taken advantage of the used police revolvers...M64s, 2" and 4"...when they really were for those prices...don't think we'll see 'em again...
...I think our best bet is the local shops and pawnshops...as folks inherit revolvers, and don't want 'em...they're trading them in...my local gets some great revolvers...got my boy a 1951 2nd Generation Dick Spl last week...
They still have them. I saw 4 in the display case today for 279.00

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought my Mosin from them and was pleased with everything but the price ($150) but at the time it was all I could find including local and online. Id like to get one of the police trade in revolvers, I think they still have some of the 3" in stock but Im broke.

Anyways, I cant bring myself to buy anything new there. The constant disclaimer of what you see in our picture may not be what you get is disturbing. I dont know what it takes to run a website but if it is your primary business and you cant take a picture of what you actually have, well then I am at a loss for words. Also as a firefighter and EMT I can get a discount through them but its only on the guns they have on the police website and usually they have nothing I am interested in. If they really want to do a service to the men and women in uniform then maybe they should open up the inventory a bit. Maybe I am being selfish and ungreatful but not everyone likes the same thing, especially when it comes to guns.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Buds sold the old store on Old Paris Rd, and is now in litigation with them. The new owners called the Store Smokin Guns.
I would rather do business with the owners of Smokin Guns than the new Buds Gun Shop.

I was just in Buds today, and its not what it used to be. They have a large inventory for sure, but do not try to trade with them. They have grown so big that they feel they no longer need to offer fair trade pricing.

I used to be a big supporter of them, but I will no longer do business there, and would not refer any friends to them.

The new Buds is in Lexington Ky on Industry Rd.

I am friends with the owners of the new store(Smokin Guns), and they are good folks, and the new Buds is trying to put them out of business with dirty legal tricks by using their contacts in higher places.
So is Smokin Guns OK? They don't mind my 9 year old using the range and their prices are good. This spring they had a new Shield for $425(and me broke)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my Shield from Cope's, they shipped fast and cheaply. I also got a ton of emails thru out telling who was handling my order. Purchased on Saturday, shipped Monday and I had it Wednesday.

I can't say the same for Bud's, they used to be great, but last time I used them it was 3 week's for an in stock item and I paid using my debit card.

Sent from my Tesla coil

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I bought my in stock Kahr from them and it took a week and a half to ship. I made the comment about it on one of these forums and everyone acted like I had offended their mother.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts