Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I wanted to order a firearm from Bud's Gun Shop. Their prices appear great...then you read the fine-print: "Price reflects a 3% cash discount". What a stone-age policy. When you're buying a $500 gun, that 3% amounts to an extra $15. When you factor in the "non-cash" price, you might as well order from somewhere else, that doesn't charge a CC surcharge.

Just on principle, I will not order from them again/ever. Just my 2 cents!

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
531 Posts
You see that a lot at gun shows and I understand it to a degree. It's expensive to process plastic when you are a little guy. Either Bud's THINKS they are still a little guy or they are trying to gouge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've seen the surcharge quite a few places online, not to mention at the gas pump. I like using them to compare prices tho and keep the LGS honest. I bought a PPQ from a local guy with his dealers license and ended up getting it cheaper than anywhere online, with no surcharge, tax, or shipping.

Those places are nice for window shopping tho. But it seems that surcharge is pretty commonplace. Sucks though.

I probably wouldn't buy from Buds after all the bad customer service reviews tho.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just their way of selling cheaper than their competition. As long as you know that before committing to the sale you can determine whether or not the price is worth the extra effort of sending a MO/CC. It burns me when the fine print is not disclosed or noticed until after I commit then have the extra inconvenience and delay to deal with that I was not counting on. I bought from them without the cash discount and the gun was at my FFL in 2 days. I was pleased.

·
Premium Member
24,509 Posts
Businesses are charged by the credit card companies for transactions.The amount varies with different companies. As for Bud's the free shipping offsets what you are charged for credit card purchase. I see no problem with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ordered a Mosin Nagant from Bud's a couple months ago. Got it for $114 incl. tax. Insurance, and shipping. Didn't include a bayonet so I emailed them and the sent me one immediately. Good prices and good cs imo. GL

RugerLCP for EDC
CWFL Florida
NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
938 Posts
They're one of the places I buy ammo from. I bought a case of 9mm from them about three weeks ago. My only gripe was with the USPS not updating tracking info....ever, but that isn't Buds fault, although it would be nice if they offered a UPS option.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I fell for the sign up for an out-of-stock pistol ploy. In two years I have never been contacted about coming to the top of the wait list for the pistol, but I can't get the junk email stopped. I bought the pistol somewhere else ages ago. Most places op out of email process works. Bud' does not work for me so I just filter it to spam. My non transaction with them was a pia.

·
8,501 Posts
I have bought from Bud's and sent them a check. I didn't pay the 3% and my gun shipped the same day the check got there. I think the whole thing took about three extra days of my time.

For me getting the right price was more important than instant gratification.... I know, I'm cheap. : )

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
My experience with Bud's has been very good.

About that credit card processing fee, you are paying it anywhere you shop whether or not it is identified. As part of the merchant's cost of the doing business, it will be included in the price one way or another.

If the 3% credit card processing fee is more important than a faster transaction, mail a check or money order.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
I have done business with them since they were in Paris Ky, in a small store with inside range. I know Bud Wells personally, as well as most of his staff, and frequent the new store on a regular basis.

Please don't do business with them, as that leaves the great deals for me and the thousands of other local buyers to cash in on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought a gun from them in February and received it in 7 days. Couldn't have been better service.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have bought two pistols from Buds. Had both of them within in a week. I've had no issues with them and couldn't be happier about my purchases.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I've done a lot of business with Buds. If you watch Buds closely, you can fall into some unbelievable deals:

Smith & Wesson M&P 40L, three 15 round mags, night sights - LEO contract overrun......$398....my FFL just shook his head when it arrived and found out what I paid for it. With the extra 3% by credit card I paid around $410.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts