Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I noticed a non-binding sign on the door at the Carrollton, TX location today. I did a search before writing this, as my situation is a new one.

I emailed corporate:

I'm sorry we can't do business anymore. I'll miss the food, not the service.

I respect your no guns policy - but you're misguided. The non-law abiding couldn't care less about your policy. That's what makes them criminals.

The good guys, like me, are an asset to have around, especially when we're armed. Look up Luby's, Killeen, TX for an example.

-end of email-

Any help with this organization would be appreciated. I don't know if we can turn them around, but it's better to try than do nothing.

Thanks,

Forrest

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
We're suppose to get one here soon. There isnt one restaurant posted in my town that I'm aware of..... We'll see.....

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
By non binding do you mean it's not the 30.06 sign? If it isn't, why not just ignore it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
They don't allow open carry here in Las Vegas. As far as concealed carry well...what they don't know isn't illegal here. I don't go there because of their stance.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bad food (my opinion) + poor service + no guns = no business

There are many better wing places around.

·
Registered
296 Posts
They don't allow open carry here in Las Vegas. As far as concealed carry well...what they don't know isn't illegal here. I don't go there because of their stance.
I didn't know they didn't allow carry here. I've only been once and I didn't pay any attention.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
What kind of non-binding sign? The one's here in Houston/Sugar Land aren't posted. These may be franchises, that are individually owned, I don't know.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I've only been there once, and wasn't impressed enough with it to go back.

A little over priced, and the food was so so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To clarify...

It wasn't a 30.06, but just something like "Guns are banned at BWW".

I ignored it today, hence the term 'anymore'.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
The one in Jackson, Tennessee isn't posted unless it has been in the past week. We go every couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I agree with TC... it might not be the correct sign (and there's no reason to correct them), but it's the principle of the matter.... Especially if you're not exceptionally fond it the place to begin with...

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Bad food (my opinion) + poor service + no guns = no business

There are many better wing places around.
ANY one of those three would mean no $$$ from me...:yup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
A slightly different take on the "non-binding" signage.....

Imagine a situation in which a store owner wished to have happy patrons feeling secure in their seat knowing (believing?) they were in a "gun free zone", therefore he posts a sign stating that guns are banned on the premise... Yet he/she is in fact pro-gun enough to desire that those knowledgeable of concealed handgun laws (presumably CHL holders) will realize that the sign is of no consequence and safely ignore it.

You know very well you can ignore the sign. I say "Do so!" and make it a safer place.

- Post no sign and no one "feels" safer.
- Post a sign saying "Gun toting CHL holders welcome!" and many *many* people will feel uncomfortable (yes, sad but true).
- Post a 30.06 sign and your just shooting yourself in the foot. (bad pun?)

Now, if you just don't like the food/service/etc... by all means, bail on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No open carry in my local BWW's either, and no real loss as another poster said there are MUCH better wing places around.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
A slightly different take on the "non-binding" signage.....

Imagine a situation in which a store owner wished to have happy patrons feeling secure in their seat knowing (believing?) they were in a "gun free zone", therefore he posts a sign stating that guns are banned on the premise... Yet he/she is in fact pro-gun enough to desire that those knowledgeable of concealed handgun laws (presumably CHL holders) will realize that the sign is of no consequence and safely ignore it.

You know very well you can ignore the sign. I say "Do so!" and make it a safer place.

- Post no sign and no one "feels" safer.
- Post a sign saying "Gun toting CHL holders welcome!" and many *many* people will feel uncomfortable (yes, sad but true).
- Post a 30.06 sign and your just shooting yourself in the foot. (bad pun?)

Now, if you just don't like the food/service/etc... by all means, bail on it.
TBH, if I opened a restaurant or store, I'd give CHL holders a discount upon presenting the license.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I say ...

(1) the owner is a fool if he thinks the sign will keep out folks who are carrying illegally.

(2) the owner is disingenuous at best, and an outright liar at worst, if he gives the impression to his customers "they were in a "gun free zone".

If I found out this were the case in a restaurant I visited, I would never return. As far as I am concerned, the owner is dishonest and doesn't deserve my business.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here is a picture from the BWW in Onalaska, WI:

Photo was taken by one of the members at opencarry.org

The best part is that in WI you cannot carry a handgun into any place that serves alcohol for consumption. So their sign may keep a law-abiding citizen from carrying a rifle into the restaurant, but we already can't carry a handgun. All they are doing in WI is showing us that they don't support firearms and we should eat elsewhere.

·
Banned
908 Posts
They serve alcohol, so in Ohio they're STATUTORILY barred from carry.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts