Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had the chance..?? Its a great time...1st one building myself..threw the lower together and slapped the upper on it..its a buddy of mines....its the lower one in the pic....

Share some pics of your builds if you got em..

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Am thinking of building a Varmit gun AR nxt. Want something for longer range work. Or maybe a designated Rifleman gun. It has been fun adding parts on to my Carbine.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Havent ventured into the uppers...that would actually require "tools"! LOL...Im still building my ammo stock slowly but surely!

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
clubsoda22 said:
Built 3 recently. They're so easy. I can probably bang them out in 20 minutes. The uppers are rediculously easy as well.

So are ya putting the barrels on as well or just uppers to lowers,ect.

·
Banned
177 Posts
rocky said:
So are ya putting the barrels on as well or just uppers to lowers,ect.
To clarify, i can probably bang out a lower reciever from a stripped lower + parts kit in 20 minutes, not the entire rifle.

Putting on barrels is easy too. Slide barrel into slot, tighten nut. It's rediculously easy. Headspacing is all done at the factory so it's no problem unless your using used parts.

The only things i didn't do from scratch was the bolt/carrier which i bought complete and the upper receiver which came with the forward assist and port door already installed.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Try an 80% finished lower, from KT Ordnance. Then Big Brother doesn't know about your fighting rifle. NO serial number or license or signature or ID or background check is required to buy either the 80% receiver or the other parts. In theory, you can never sell the finished 80% lower, but you can certainly sell the other parts. 1911's cn be finished in this manner, also. Check out the info on such things at HomeGunsmithing.com and AR-15.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
I recently built and fired my first AR (first AR ever, not just first build). It's very easy. I think I have about an hour's worth of labor in it. I used a Stag lower, LAR Grizzly (a "second" due to cosmetic defects), DPMS UPK, RRA LPK and bolt assembly, Bushmaster Superlight 16" barrel, and Hogue Overmolded FF Tube. I shot it for the first time Wednesday. 110 rounds without a problem.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts