Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in San Antonio visiting a gun store (Adelbridge) off San Pedro Ave yesterday and they had cases of 115 9mm wolf brand practice ammo on sale . 1000 rounds $300. Just FYI as I know that it has been hard to come by and I do not know anything about the brand or shipping but it is a nice store with friendly folks.
Alan

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
A lot of us will not use Wolf steel cased ammo manufactured in Russia, for many reasons. Would I buy it if there was truly nothing else at all available anywhere at any price? I don't know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for posting, but I will wait until the price come down and brass ammo is available. I tried Wolf pistol ammo in the past and I was not impressed at all! Dirty, weak and operational issues.....

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Wow. 30 cents a round for crap 9. At least it is available for those that need it. I haven't bought any ammo since the whole covid thing began but I do take a look out of curiosity. I have seen no bulk ammo at all here. I haven't seen any .40 in two months either.

I guess this shortage will continue for some time. This is a triple whammy this time: Pandemic Panic, the ghetto rioting and a presidential election year. Now, imagine if Biden wins? That 30 cents a round might seem like a really good deal.

·
Registered
34,765 Posts
It's great to pass out ammo availability info. Fortunately, I have an abundance of 124-grain 9mm ammo on hand, enough to get me through or to find me in a pile of empty cases.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
It's great to pass out ammo availability info. Fortunately, I have an abundance of 124-grain 9mm ammo on hand, enough to get me through or to find me in a pile of empty cases.
I'll trade you for a stack of slightly used Christmas cards.

·
Registered
34,765 Posts
Reactions: Nmuskier

·
Premium Member
3,967 Posts
I haven't bought any 9mm since January 2019 from Target Sports. It was a case of American Eagle 115 grain at 16.9 cents a round including shipping. I should be good for several more years even if I don't buy any more. And at current prices, I certainly won't.

I've tried steel cased ammo in the past but found it to be very dirty. I haven't bought any more after expending what I had. Your mileage may vary.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I have not been able to find Ammo at my normal online vendors. I did order two range buckets of 9mm. Just got an email that the expected delivery date is October 2020.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I often have to mortar students guns that run steel case in classes. After a string of fire and a hot gun, the round in the chamber gets sticky due to the lacquer melting, when it cools a bit that case gets superglued to the chamber.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I’ve got about 800 rds of steel case 9mm.
It’s my last dance ammo.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
That is a high price for steel cased. I shoot it in my revolvers and the Glock. I have not had any issues so far and don't care how dirty it is as I clean my guns after every use.
That said, I have only run about 100 rounds at a time so the gun didn't get really hot. Works for the kind of practice I do which is usually low round count. I find frequent low round sessions gains me more than blowing through a lot of ammo at a time. Last trip out I fired 30 rounds through 2 guns. They all hit where I wanted so why continue?

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
Arms industry: Gun buys up 95%, ammo 139%, sales to blacks jump 58%

Considering that the police are being removed from mostly black neighborhoods, the honest people living there are realizing (like a lot of us did some time ago) that they need guns because no one is going to protect them except themselves. Some time ago I saw a you tube video of a church that is giving handgun shooting classes, mostly to black women. They are then ready to actually buy a gun and hopefully find somewhere they can continue to learn and practice!

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts