Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the coolest new items we found at the SHOT Show was the Bullite Laser Training device, by Rovatec. Nighthawk and I both decided we had to have one (they were on sale of course) so we each ordered one to be delivered in the next week or so. After we receive them and have a chance to really play with them for awhile we will do reviews over in the review area.

Information from their website:

Overview

The BULLITE is for Beginners, Novice, Advanced Shooters and Professionals alike.

The Beginner, like the professional, can safely practice and enhance their shooting skills at home, with friends, or in the office. Bullite training can take place almost anywhere, at anytime of your choosing.

Draw and Fire

"Draw and Fire" drills can now be performed faster and better than ever before. You can utilize any of the targets supplied with the BULLITE by hanging them up against a safe backstop and practice your skills.

You can now try to go "One on One" with your friends, mates and colleagues.

What is Bullite

Bullite is a laser bullet the size and shape of a standard ammunition cartridge that fits into the chamber of any personal firearm, from pistols to shotguns to assault rifles.

Bullite simulates live-fire action. When activated by the firing pin, Bullite projects a precise laser pulse to the point of impact. It does not alter the physical attributes of any weapon or affect the owner's ability to draw and rapidly fire. Training with Bullite enables accurate, natural shooting, anytime, anywhere.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bumper is that the one that comes with like 6 discs???

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it comes in a little tin container that will fit in a pocket or range bag. Looks like a big Altoid's can.... :frog:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
You can now try to go "One on One" with your friends, mates and colleagues....

Not sure if that is a cool ideal i just can forsee a accident happening here . or else am i taking it wrong . im thinking there talking like a 1 on 1 try and shoot each other or just i just read to much into stuff must be to much CSI :fal:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bumper (and please do nopt take this as me bashing your decision) the reason Renee and I opted for the BeamHit was that we could pay more attention to our front sight than actually looking for where the beam hit. For speed rocks and what not Bullite is a good device but for accuracy training we felt the BeamHit was a better option. Good luck with whatever you do decide to get. The BeamHit 190 stores 30 hits and the does a refresh with the option to store the last volley of rds. It has a trace function and a plot function to tell how much bore movement you have. I just viewed it as a better instructional aid than the Bullite. The thing I did like abotu the Bullite was that the laser is turned on by the strike of the firing pin. The BeamHit is activiated by vibration, but you can use it was a snap cap.

We are looking for a Video Projector now so that we can acquire a BeamHit 390 system.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I know both Bullite and BeamHit use a class 1 laser which is same for eyes .Big concern of ours. What is the effective range of the Bullite?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bud, yes. They have a few scenarios where you can adress multiple targets and the computer determines hits and lethality (if that is even a word) hits. It determines time between shots. There are like a bazillion training scenarios and the range on the comupter goes out to 63 yds. you can even create your own scenarios with a Digi-Hi8 camcorder.

~A

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
APachon said:
Bumper (and please do nopt take this as me bashing your decision) the reason Renee and I opted for the BeamHit was that we could pay more attention to our front sight than actually looking for where the beam hit. For speed rocks and what not Bullite is a good device but for accuracy training we felt the BeamHit was a better option. Good luck with whatever you do decide to get. The BeamHit 190 stores 30 hits and the does a refresh with the option to store the last volley of rds. It has a trace function and a plot function to tell how much bore movement you have. I just viewed it as a better instructional aid than the Bullite. The thing I did like abotu the Bullite was that the laser is turned on by the strike of the firing pin. The BeamHit is activiated by vibration, but you can use it was a snap cap.

We are looking for a Video Projector now so that we can acquire a BeamHit 390 system.

~A
I don't take it as a knock, I can see unique uses for each of them. Believe me, my spotter (my wife) will tell me who and where I hit while she is trying to watch TV :tongue:

What I liked about the Bullite is that there is nothing else to it. No setup other than inserting and locking the laser and then you are free to shoot anything. I have so much stuff connected to my PC (scanner, digital memory dock, two printers, a wireless router, an external Zip drive) I hate to go that route right now.

It's really pretty easy, though, to concentrate on the point of aim rather than just watching for the dot. Once one is installed, there is NO WAY you could get a round in the chamber so I would have no problem with anyone "shooting" it at me as long as I had personally checked the installation. The show price was cheaper than the retail.

The BeamHit looks good, too and if I really use the Bullite like I think I will I may try that one, too......

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Boy the projector one sounds like it would be fun .. ya can pratice soem moves from the john woo movies in the comfort of your own home :scared:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You will have a visual of me leaping from couch to couch in my funderoos. LOL. They demo'd a bank scenario (you have to wait for BG's to present themselves) There are many people in the bank and you are not absolutely sure who the BG's are. .That was awesome. I engaged 2 of 3 bg lethally and the 3rd bg I performed 2 COM and the head shot was just a bit outside. They still gave me a TD on that one. The scenarios the 390 is capable of it mind boggling. You can even set it up for Shotgun and choke pattern if you wish.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the possibilities are endless, I need to get my cam and do a clearing of the Playboy mansion. LOL. Yes I have been to Hef's

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
true, but still would be fun to clear. That place is enormous. My brother got my wife and I into the mansion and a friend of his got himself into that place. That is one of the things we marveled at. How would you clear such a place.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
two is what we figured. But you are correct, a lot of clearing nightmares.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
lol. We are going for July 4th.

~A

1 - 20 of 23 Posts