Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with Josh Bulman not replying to emails or answering his phone? I understand that he is surely backlogged, and that there is a wait. It's been 7 months for me, and he already has my money. I can't get any reply or feed back from him whatsoever. I believe that if you pay the kind of money that he is asking, you are buying more than a product, you are buying customer service as well. I'm sure that his holsters are top notch, but for customer service, I have to give him an "F".

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
Let me try his #

814 696 8615

Nope....no answer. I'll try again on Monday.

You should know that what you are going through right now has been an ongoing problem with him.
Read this entire thread.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=192558

Bulman Gunleather
109 Catfish Road
Duncansville, PA 16635

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. Still no word from Josh. No answer on his phone. I can't get a refund from Paypal because I'm out of the 45 day window. I guess I might just have to chalk this one up as a possible loss on my part. Who knows, my holster MAY show up in the future, but I'm not going to count on it. I don't care what kind of quality his holsters are, he shouldn't treat his customers like this. I could have spent less on a Milt Sparks WS-1 and I bet someone there would have at least answered the phone. FINAL GRADE = F

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have to wonder how long it will be until someone else will place an order with Josh, and then several months later complain just like others have done for at least a year?

Some say his work is worth the wait. I guess if you finally get it you might take that approach, but his history makes me know that I would not do business with him if I had to use Uncle Mike's holsters. WOW what a choice.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those who are willing to wait, how does one even place an order with him now? Some people can live with a wait, as long as they have the occasional communication with the maker.
Is there a reason he is completely unreachable though? Yeah yeah, we know he's very busy and backlogged. However, it doesn't take THAT much effort to pick up the phone once in a while. Or set up a voicemail addressing his current status. Or hell, even an automated email reply discussing the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nitro

He will get you your holster and his work is first rate. His customer service skills are another matter all together. I tried a few times over the years to communicate with him about ordering holsters and belts but just finally gave up. There are others out there whose work compares to Bulmans, so the next time you need some leather, do a little research and you will find them. Just so you know, just about all of the Custom leather guys are fairly backed up, so wait time is a given...it seems about 4-6 months is typical...good luck...

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Nitro

He will get you your holster and his work is first rate. His customer service skills are another matter all together. I tried a few times over the years to communicate with him about ordering holsters and belts but just finally gave up. There are others out there whose work compares to Bulmans, so the next time you need some leather, do a little research and you will find them. Just so you know, just about all of the Custom leather guys are fairly backed up, so wait time is a given...it seems about 4-6 months is typical...good luck...
He sounds like a bit of a Prima Donna to me....such a skilled craftsman that he can get by with treating customers poorly.
Here is where I get most of my holsters. The wait is usually 5 weeks but the last two I bought arrived in 3 weeks. Great holsters and great customer service as well.
HOLSTERS

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Isn't there a sticky where you can voice your concerns about this very issue?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
If you order with him, I suggest that you get it right at the time you order and forget about it.

Having waited 12 months for a Bulman High Ride and an Ankle holster, I can say this -when you get your holster you'll forget about the wait and all your troubles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just an update. Still no word from Josh. No answer on his phone. I can't get a refund from Paypal because I'm out of the 45 day window. I guess I might just have to chalk this one up as a possible loss on my part. Who knows, my holster MAY show up in the future, but I'm not going to count on it. I don't care what kind of quality his holsters are, he shouldn't treat his customers like this. I could have spent less on a Milt Sparks WS-1 and I bet someone there would have at least answered the phone. FINAL GRADE = F
I think I waited around 7 months to get my holster but it was worth it. The holster fit is great, snaps in to place which is unusual for a leather holster. I visit many forums and have seen numerous complaints of Josh's customer service but I have never heard of anyone not receiving their holster, eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts