Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this video recently. Its really unbelievable how similar the rate of fire is. I was unsure which gun was firing at first.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm surprised the video is still up. YouTube has been purging bumpstock videos ever since it happened.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
My guess is they would leave the ones up that demonstrated how close the bump-fire guns were to the insidious, illegal, "fully automatic" machine guns.

Either that or...they just haven't discovered it yet.
Good point. The ones I had bookmarked that got deleted couldn't really be used to further their agenda. At least, not as well as ones like this.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,724 Posts
My guess is they would leave the ones up that demonstrated how close the bump-fire guns were to the insidious, illegal, "fully automatic" machine guns.

Either that or...they just haven't discovered it yet.
I'm thinking it's the former.

Videos like that one make it hard to argue that bump-fire and full auto are two different phenomena. The guy's trigger finger is acting as the auto-sear on bump-fire.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The problem is, you can do the bump fire thing without the stock. There's a few techniques, and opening this can of worms isn't what we want at all.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is, you can do the bump fire thing without the stock. There's a few techniques, and opening this can of worms isn't what we want at all.
I agree...seeing someone online firing a semi as full auto with his thumb hooked on his belt loop makes the gun community look careless and it does open up a can of worms imo.

·
Premium Member
33,724 Posts
You are correct in that it is a can we don't want opened. Unfortunately, now that it's out there, we can't un-open it. Grinning goofs on YouTube are click-bait for the antis and the confiscators.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV
1 - 10 of 10 Posts