Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we PLEEZE get "commifornia" onto the banned word list?

It is insulting to those of us who live here, serves no useful purpose other than insult, and REALLY irks me.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
You're a funny guy...:rofl:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Banned word list? I know not of this, did I miss something. I know keep it family friendly and no personal attacks, but did not know that there was a "banned word list".

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I have seen that word used a very few times. Thing about it was.......last time I saw it used, it was by someone who lived there.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Haven't seen that word used around here, but I've been known to miss a few things.
I've learned more "bad words" in my life from people saying how awful it was. :banned:

I was kind of partial to "Kalifornia" myself.
If your home state is passing the most left-wing draconian anti-gun laws since Brady, deal with it. This is America. Free speech is as sacred here as the right to bear arms.

Don't be mad at me for calling it "Commifornia". Be mad at the politicians YOU ELECTED for turning one of the most beautiful regions IN THE WORLD, into a left-wing social experiment.

Commifornia! Commifornia! Commifornia! Commifornia!

If you aren't familiar with the concept of "free speech", you may still be able to find references to it in small town libraries that haven't been purged by the PC-thought police.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
There is not an official "banned words" list although we do have a filter that take some of the more vile words and change them to s string of asterisks. I'm afraid that "commifornia" does not sink to the level of the words that are in that list. Adding words that people would rather not hear would needlessly bog down that system and start us down the path to what I would consider to be censorship....

·
Registered
112 Posts
um, could you use it in a sentence? i'm not familiar with "commifornia" i'm afraid

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've learned more "bad words" in my life from people saying how awful it was. :banned:

I was kind of partial to "Kalifornia" myself.
If your home state is passing the most left-wing draconian anti-gun laws since Brady, deal with it. This is America. Free speech is as sacred here as the right to bear arms.

Don't be mad at me for calling it "Commifornia". Be mad at the politicians YOU ELECTED for turning one of the most beautiful regions IN THE WORLD, into a left-wing social experiment.

Commifornia! Commifornia! Commifornia! Commifornia!

If you aren't familiar with the concept of "free speech", you may still be able to find references to it in small town libraries that haven't been purged by the PC-thought police.
I was born there--I reckon that makes me a native Kalifornian. When I was a kid, guns weren't a big deal. Constitution meant something.

What it comes down to, for me, is...take the State back. Or, suck it up. Otherwise, get a glass for that whine.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Typical Kali Kommi thinking; lets ban something because it hurts my feelings and makes me feel all icky inside.

Really?

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Let's not be too hard on him. Some of the Californians are fighting pretty hard to change the way things are done in their state but are overwhelmed by the opposition. And, when it's your home state it is a little hard to take people calling it names. Personally, I always have a hard time when people talk down my home state of Texas. I get over it, though, by resolving that they don't know what they are talking about....

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Let's not be too hard on him. Some of the Californians are fighting pretty hard to change the way things are done in their state but are overwhelmed by the opposition. And, when it's your home state it is a little hard to take people calling it names. Personally, I always have a hard time when people talk down my home state of Texas. I get over it, though, by resolving that they don't know what they are talking about....
Lonestar beer sucks. Take that Texas.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Whats a COMMIFORNIA? Never heard of a commifornia before.

Would someone please tell me what Commifornia means.:banned:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I was born in COMMIFORNIA and spent my first 40 years there. Then the Easterner's moved in and it went to poop, then I woke up and got the hell out, I suggest doing the same.:danceban::danceban:

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I think we all catch flak sometime about our home state. There are a lot of good citizens in CA, though they are overwhelmed at the voting booth.

My wife's family is from CA, I'm from Louisiana, things are sure different between the two states, I'm always intrigued to visit with them, and they are always intrigued that I'd actually eat a squirrel. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Personally, I sympathize with Rob. Being a "New Yorka" I have gotten my fair share from fellow forum members. I think it's ok to have a little fun with us who live in the tightly controlled states. I just take it and keep smiling, because I know it's (mostly) in jest.

What does irk me, however, is when other members say truly disrepectful things or bash the state you're in. There is no room for that. We all live where we do for many reasons, and have to make the best of what's on our plate.

So Rob, keep fighting to get the laws changed, relax and kick back a little on this forum, and know that most of us are just having a good time communicating with members around the country, and don't mean to insult fellow members.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.