Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at one of these the other day. Im in the market for something smaller as an every day carry gun. Would love to hear from some owners or those that have some insight on it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My son has one and I have shot it. Everyone in family that has shot it really likes it. He has somewhat smaller hands and the weapon just fits him well.

Good points about it IMO:
East to break down for cleaning
Goes band every time
Very accurate
Not that hard to conceal

Bad points IMO:
Brand name not well known in USA
Hard to find spare Mags.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have three of them and can tell you from experience you won't find a better gun for twice the money! Between my original UC-9 (got it in 2004) and my newest gun (a year old in November) I've never had a single problem, PERIOD! I've fired nearly 3,000 rounds thriough the oldest gun and about 600 or so from each of the other two and as searcher 45 said the only down side is it's sometimes hard to find extra magazines. Luckily, you get two mags with the gun and at $35-$40 each, they aren't any more expensive than many other pistol magazines out there.

FYI the gun is based on the Walther P-88 design and is similar in design and breakdown to the SIG 220 series pistol. There is a new version of the Bersa 9/40/45 pistol called the PRO series, though the earlier style is still available. The main changes are an accessory rail, modified rifling for the barrel and a loaded chamber indicator on the PRO series. They normally retail for $350-$400 NIB (it depends on where you live) and there are several forums devoted to Bersa pistols. The most popular is bersatalk.com and you'll get a lot of good info there from people who own and use Bersa pistols. :hand5:

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
what are the specs on the bersa 9, width, height, weight, barrel length, etc...? I will check for their website...

Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro 9MM Caliber10/13 Round D.A.

DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL TO THE BERSA THUNDER 9 (*)

*Requires Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe, click the icon to download.

CALIBER: 9 MM
OPERATION: Semi-Automatic
ACTION: Double Action
OVERALL LENGTH: 6.5"
HEIGHT: 4.5"
WIDTH: 1.5"
BARREL LENGTH: 3.5"
WEIGHT: 24.5 oz
SIGHTS: White Outline Target Sight
MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 10/13 Rounds
SAFETIES: Manual, Firing Pin
FINISH: Matte, Satin Nickel
GRIPS: Anatomically Designed Polymer Grips
TRIGGER PULL: 8 to 13 lbs. Double Action / 5 to 7 lbs. Single Action

little on the wide side? others are lighter, thinner and same capacity, but the 380's have a great reputation from what I have read...

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I like my Bersa 9 UC

And the more I shoot it, the more I like it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The Bursa UC 9mm is not my carry gun. For me it is to wide and does not fit my CC need in Texas heat. I believe it would work very well in the cooler or cold month with layered clothes and the right holster. If things really get bad bad bad in our nation and you needed a weapon to protect yourself and family with I would rate Bursa right up there with a Glock and the rest.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Great gun at a great price. What more could you want?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The Bersa's are good handguns in general, and really really good for the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts