Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know sometimes you don't need a gun.....

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
He took three blows before he got his arms up. That would concern me.

Having said that, he then put a world of hurt on the thug. Hope the thug gets some time.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Damn! That bus driver can throw some bombs. I was surprised how long he took that guys beating before doing something.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Thug will walk. Driver will loose his job and go to jail for assault. It sux cause the POS needed a beating, but the legal system sux even more.
Please elaborate. I wanna' hear why you feel that way & have such a low-regard for the legal system? :blink:

Thanks!

IMHO, the punk is basically slapping the driver with a closed fist, i.e.: using small muscle groups. The driver, on the other hand (pun intended) is punching from MAJOR CORE muscle groups while using his weight moving downhill (a clear sign of experience) to sledge-hammer his blows. I'm surprised the perp was still ...conscious as he was "asked" to disembark. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
After the punk got off of the bus, the driver should have driven off, but he chose to get off of the bus and continue beating the punk.
The punk deserved everything he got, and more, but there was no more need to keep beating him. Kind of like continuing to shoot an assailant after he's down, motionless, and no longer a threat.
Job lost.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
The punk deserved everything he got, and more, but there was no more need to keep beating him.
Respectfully, you're talkin' outta' both sides of your mouth. If the punk "deserved more", then (IMHO) that's the PERFECTLY JUSTIFIED reason to keep...beatin' him! After all, he was still on his feet. :biggrin2:

The driver got good-and-pissed from repeated, sissified, sucker-punches. He wasn't, and I wouldn't be either, worried about his job! :blink:

·
Registered
134 Posts
After the punk got off of the bus, the driver should have driven off, but he chose to get off of the bus and continue beating the punk.
The punk deserved everything he got, and more, but there was no more need to keep beating him. Kind of like continuing to shoot an assailant after he's down, motionless, and no longer a threat.
Job lost.
Disagree entirely. That wasn't even remotely like continuing to SHOOT a downed, motionless person. The guy was still squared up to him the last punch I saw thrown, so he was still a threat, he proved that with his unprovoked attack. In any case, if I had to guess that looks like it happened in the Phillipines. If so the bus driver was probably selected employee of the month.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
nmbr5, you just earned...your avatar! :congrats:

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so the driver hit the kid 14 times....would that be considered a "high capacity" fist fight? Now if they were in California he could only hit him 10 times....in NYC only 7 times.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ok so the driver hit the kid 14 times....would that be considered a "high capacity" fist fight? Now if they were in California he could only hit him 10 times....in NYC only 7 times.
Doogie, I'm liking you more...all the time! :bier:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why would the driver lose his job? Obviously it was it self defense.
Self defense = protecting yourself from an attack. The kid smacked the driver which was an attack. The driver then turned the tables and stopped the attack. He landed a few punches and stopped the kid. He then continued to punch the kid who was down. Assuming that the kid was still fighting and somehow was a threat to the guy towering above him we can give him a legal pass. The driver then propels the kid out of the bus and proceeds to punch him again. Where was the threat or attack he was defending himself from? The kid didn't look like much of a threat. His body language is one of "oh crap and cowering not I'm going to kick your ass. Legally here in TX the guy would lose his job. Depending on how the local LEO,
DA feel he may go to jail for assault on a minor. I think the driver did the right thing for the most part. AFAIK the kid didn't sustain any permanent injuries aside from his ego, so I'd have no issues with letting the driver walk. The driver may well have taught the junior thug a lessons that will save his life. Pick a fight with the wrong guy and he may end up getting beaten to death.

This is why the "legal system" sux. What is right isnt always legal and what is legal isn't always right.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
We I am probably going to get blasted for my comments but.....
There is the legal version and the real world version of going hands on with an attacker, I have worked as a bouncer and in security and I am telling you that for one thing you are lucky if you get a chance to to act once you start getting pummeled by an attacker (most of the time who ever throws the first punch and connects is going to win a fist fight) Now if you do have to fight then you do just that you stop the threat and to me that means when the bag guy can no longer fight back (IE unconscious or the like) - sure punch him a few times and not end the fight and give him a chance to pull a knife or some other weapon to even the odds, not a good idea.
If I was the bus driver I would not have paused to toss the guy off the bus and then kept hitting him- I would have keep hitting him till he hit the floor in the bus and was unconscious.
Yes I have been charged with assault a few times but never convicted. KEY word CONVICTED.
Life over limb = life being my life and safety , limb being everything else including my job or legal stuff later once im safe.
going hands on is not the best idea but it happens and you better watch out for friends of the bad guy. Friends of the bad guy = a 2 on one fight or better and I will shoot to defend myself in that situation.
If you have to fight then fight don't be a wuss about it you fight to survive an assault.

Ok blast away.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
After that well deserved beating, I'm surprised the driver didn't throw him out the door. I would have.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally got the audio feed from this video. I tried linking it but it didn't work so I'll post it below.

Kid: Hey Dad can I have $10 to take Filominia to the school dance tonight?
Driver: No way...ask your Mother
Kid: Mom says you hate me because I was "A mistake" so take this you &^$#^$# I am going to tell her about your 17 girlfriends at Subic Bay
Driver: Oh yeah well take this: bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam
(walks down steps)
BAM....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts