Defensive Carry banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Bus driver needs to take some self defense or boxing classes. He hit the punk multiple times and still didn't knock him out.:wink:

Either the Punk had one heck of a hard head or the driver needs to put a little more thump in his punches. Myself would had busted knuckels & or hand with that many blows ; ) PS he sure pounded on the punk though
H/D

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
After the punk got off of the bus, the driver should have driven off, but he chose to get off of the bus and continue beating the punk.
The punk deserved everything he got, and more, but there was no more need to keep beating him. Kind of like continuing to shoot an assailant after he's down, motionless, and no longer a threat.
Job lost.
If anything the bus driver should get promoted!

Sorry for your friend there but the bus driver was in the right. Had I been the driver I would not have stopped until I was forced to drag him off the bus and if he got up once I dragged him off, you better believe he would be back down. On his own or by my foot.

The bus driver gave him three, then called it blocking four, five and a puny 6 and knocked him out the door. The end.:yup:

(funny, I wrote this to respond to RickyP, posted, then read Nelson holsters response above. Great minds brother!)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Look, the punk initiated the altercation. Clearly self defense on the part of the bus driver. The continued punching by the bus driver appeared to simply be an assurance that there would be no repeat of the assault. My kind of bus driver!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My take is since the guy was still conscious and upright he was still a threat. My dad taught me long ago that once the ball drops make sure he doesn't get up to attack again. Maybe this doesn't fit some politically correct law interpretations, but it always worked for me. The older I get I figure it better be done quick and final on my part. It ain't over till it's over. I'd give the guy a medal.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
My hat's off to the driver. The punk got what he deserved and should feel damned lucky that's all he got.

Reactions: Grantspastor

·
Registered
440 Posts
Somethin to be said for old men.......

Reactions: RScottie

·
Registered
282 Posts
This was a terrible bus ride. No fare for you. I fart in your general direction and I totally disrespect your nose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it happened in Italy then the bus driver would be high fived by the police. It sounds like the Italian police have a heavy hand when it comes to dealing with bad guys.

Looks like the bus driver responded in one second. The punk hit him a few times really fast. The bus driver did an admirable job and the last hit seemed to put the punk down.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
995 Posts
After the punk got off of the bus, the driver should have driven off, but he chose to get off of the bus and continue beating the punk.
The punk deserved everything he got, and more, but there was no more need to keep beating him. Kind of like continuing to shoot an assailant after he's down, motionless, and no longer a threat.
Job lost.
The assailant was still standing in the bus and still a possible threat. In fact, He was still standing even off the Bus. not on the ground unconscious.
The Driver removed the threat from the vicinity of the Passengers to protect them. So that was good.
And he only connected a solid punch with the Assailant one more time, (the Last one) which appeared to finally stop the threat.
Down in a fight is NOT OUT!
The Punk could have pulled a knife or gun, or even a sharp stick to retaliate and get away.
He was still mouthing off until that last shot to the head.
He may face discipline, but that depends on the Country he lives in. And the Company he works for.

Ok so the driver hit the kid 14 times....would that be considered a "high capacity" fist fight? Now if they were in California he could only hit him 10 times....in NYC only 7 times.
Good to see I'm not the only one who counted. And I actually Laughed Out Loud at the High Capacity Fist comment and I scared the sleeping cat on my desk, .

We I am probably going to get blasted for my comments but.....
There is the legal version and the real world version of going hands on with an attacker, I have worked as a bouncer and in security and I am telling you that for one thing you are lucky if you get a chance to to act once you start getting pummeled by an attacker (most of the time who ever throws the first punch and connects is going to win a fist fight) Now if you do have to fight then you do just that you stop the threat and to me that means when the bag guy can no longer fight back (IE unconscious or the like) - sure punch him a few times and not end the fight and give him a chance to pull a knife or some other weapon to even the odds, not a good idea.
If I was the bus driver I would not have paused to toss the guy off the bus and then kept hitting him- I would have keep hitting him till he hit the floor in the bus and was unconscious.
Yes I have been charged with assault a few times but never convicted. KEY word CONVICTED.
Life over limb = life being my life and safety , limb being everything else including my job or legal stuff later once im safe.
going hands on is not the best idea but it happens and you better watch out for friends of the bad guy. Friends of the bad guy = a 2 on one fight or better and I will shoot to defend myself in that situation.
If you have to fight then fight don't be a wuss about it you fight to survive an assault.

Ok blast away.
I've got you back on your comment.
Had I been the Bus Driver I would have broken his arm before I tossed him off the bus!
I call it tagging the bad guys.
Why yes Officer I can Identify him. He'll be the punk laying on the ground with the broken arm.
No doubt about it. Right arm snapped off at the elbow!

Bus driver needs to take some self defense or boxing classes. He hit the punk multiple times and still didn't knock him out.:wink:
I watched the video several times and I'm thinking the blows connected with the side or top of the kids shoulder and head. I don't think they did any real bell ringing until the last hit on the sidewalk bench.
But still it kept the kid on the defense and flight mode with the "gotta get me the heck out of here" mindset!

Hence the reason I justify the Last Strike!

As for Boxing Lessons for the Driver, I'd recommend some Krav Magna training.
The IDF has some serious self defense moves that can stop a threat real fast.
He could have grabbed the kids fingers and with proper application of pressure and twist on the fingers and wrist he could have had the Punk licking his tongue against the buses floor faster than the kid could have reacted.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts