Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you carry at busch gardens? i haven't been there in years so i can't remember any signage. i'm going to howl-o-scream sometime soon, and plan on being out till about 2am, so i'd like to carry.

thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
just as the disney thread from the other day yes, but you better conceal well because of the armed trespass thing you have to immediately leave if asked to...

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Not supposed to. They have signs at the walk in entrance. They also sell alcohol all over the place. Another no-no.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Bush Gardens has parks in more than FL so it could vary....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not supposed to. They have signs at the walk in entrance. They also sell alcohol all over the place. Another no-no.
Considering it is a Florida park, and signs carry no legal weight in Florida and the provision in state law in Florida only indicates you cannot be in a bar or bar area of a restaurant, neither of these would be a problem at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

Now, like rmodel said, you need to conceal extremely well. If you are made and are asked to leave you need to comply immediately with absolutely no argument or you'll be guilty of armed trespass.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Funny, I was refering to the Va park. I did not even think about Fl. I bet the rules and regs are similar. Never know though.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
In FL, they cannot prevent you from doing so, they can only ask you to leave...so concealed is (legally) concealed.:yup:
Note: They search back and fanny packs, but not your body...pocket carry is the best way, and safer on the rides.OMOYMV:ticking:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I can ask a buddy of mine that works there.. For the most up to date policy. I would say don't do so though.. You have a lot of people, and "variables" in a situation like that that would create a HUGE legal nightmare (No pun) if you did god forbid use your weapon in self defense..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not concerned with having to use it inside the park- its more the walk to my car at 2am....

·
Registered
80 Posts
at bg i don't think you can carry. I use to work for them in williamsburg and you have to go threw a small metal detector and they pat you down and run your bag. if you are worried about something just leave your gun in the car. There are signs saying you can only drink in certain areas because they don't want a bunch of drunk people wondering around the park. they try to promote a family thing there.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
you have to go threw a small metal detector and they pat you down and run your bag.
Really! I can understand the bag check, but the pat-down now that's just overboard... What the heck do they think is gonna happen there that would require that kind of a security check. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
934 Posts
if they have a metal detector then ill make it go off gun or not :p i have a ft and a half metal rod in my femur lol

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
They also sell alcohol all over the place. Another no-no.
Re: Bush Gardens, Virginia.

Have you checked their ABC license type?

The concealed carry only applies to "restaurants" & "clubs". Event licenses are not covered, ditto beer hall, etc.

I cc at other venues that sell alcohol all the time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright well, i decided against carrying. i wasn't sure if there was going to be metal detectors or not. there weren't any, so i COULD have carried no problem. i did see the "no weapons of any kind" sign, but nothing else. just a 72 year old bag checker with a flashlight and wooden stick. hahaha

it came down to the control i was going to have of it while riding the rides. i wasn't sure how secure it'd be in my pocket on the rides.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why do signs in FL carry no weight?

Saw a post where someone said something to the effect of no carry signs in FL are useless (or something like that). I live in Florida and I am curious. Please explain and if you can state where the facts come from.

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
they are the owners wishes but ave no legal backing.... someone must physically ask you to leave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts