Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thought that a restaurant with a shooting range in a basement or next to the restaurant might be a good business idea.

Does anyone know if anything like this exists already ?? and if so, could you provide the business name and location ?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Our local gun range H & H Gun Range has a small cafe in it, but I really like the idea of a full restaurant. Sounds like a great date, go shooting, then have some dinner. Maybe followed by ice cream?

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
That Is A Great Idea.

Love It!!!

Oh...& BCurry ~ There are a couple of things that I really like about your Avatar. :image035:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bcurry1....Love the pic on your profile !!!

What would be better than to top off a good dinner with shooting a few hundred rounds after dinner, go back up stairs and have a coffee or ice cream on the balcony or deck ??

Just some ideas I am tossing around.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Lovely notion :smilez:

Would need good sound proofing and venting of course in a basement set-up but how nice - to plan a long evening out - go shoot a bit, pause and drop upstairs for a steak. Then back down to hurl more lead.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I used to shoot Trap and Skeet at a range in East Los Angeles that had a restaurant. It was a very nice way to spend the day. I got to meet Robert Stack there and we became casual acquaintances. He was a super nice guy. It was nice to be able to take a break from shooting, have a cup a joe and shoot the breeze a little, then go back to shooting. The grub was pretty good too. Breakfast and shooting was also very nice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is a good idea though as long as the soundproofing is good.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
What's wrong?...don't you like the......

MarkM said:
It is a good idea though as long as the soundproofing is good.
sound of gunfire while you eat?..just kidding....:image035:

That sounds like a restaurant I'd attend.

·
Registered
822 Posts
You would need to make sure that the vent system was super and have signs to tell the folks to wash their hands. Don't want lead dust in the food.

I wonder if the health inspectors would allow it. And would the rest. serve alcohol?

But, here's one even better (and maybe could pass inspection):

Cinema, Restaurant, Shooting Range.

Should cover dates perfectly: Movie, Dinner, Shooting :). Or Shooting, Dinner, Movie.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Wayne said:
You would need to make sure that the vent system was super and have signs to tell the folks to wash their hands. Don't want lead dust in the food.

I wonder if the health inspectors would allow it. And would the rest. serve alcohol?

But, here's one even better (and maybe could pass inspection):

Cinema, Restaurant, Shooting Range.

Should cover dates perfectly: Movie, Dinner, Shooting :). Or Shooting, Dinner, Movie.

Wayne

Imagine , for fun to get an AntiGun Chef.... Ohh the posibilities!

·
Super Moderator
25,540 Posts
Actually that would be a great idea here in Maryland, since we are not allowed to stop between the house and the range. Of course I'm sure the State would think of some way to screw it up.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Ben - Love the avatar! I thought 'hey, waay better lookin' than Keiffer!'

Kansas - Great idea! Eat dinner, shoot a few hundred rounds, then top it all off with a cup of coffee and a slice of pie. MMmm!!!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
And I up your Cafe/Shooting range

With a fully stocked range with chicken, rabbit, hum how do I do steak, we'll call it the "Kill N Grill" for all you hunters out there. But there will have to be a fishing pond for others.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WAYNE... I like the Cinema idea.. How about a large room with a projector playing DVD movies for free. Show movies like - tactical shooting, combat survival skills, hand to hand combat skills, or some Die Hard or Dirty Harry movies ??? The room would have cinema style seating of course with cup holders !!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Open it up near Disney in central FL with plenty of rental guns, especially so called "assault rifles" and the tourist crowd from overseas would pack the house. I know I'd be there with my goodies......

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I think you hit on the name for this establishment....

Airedale said:
Eat, then hurl, Chris?

:smile:

Dave

'That's funny, I don't care who ya are.'

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I sure like the idea. I'd be a regular. There is no such animal here in Largo, Fl. Most you can get is a soft drink from the machine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts