Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background checks have hit an all-time high, and have continued to break previous records:

Check out the graph, and the totals.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Good. More people coming to the party.
So if this passes will y'all who don't stock up on ammo be caught with your britches down again in a few years?
Hope everyone has finally learned their lesson.
Much better for the industry and the consumer if we buy all the time to keep supply up and prices down.
This panic buying sucks. I have been saving up to buy a Mossberg 590 A1 Retrograde shot gun. Not because i need it just because i want it.
None to be found anywhere. Did see a listing for one. MSRP $930.00 they wanted over $1300.00 for it. No thanks. Guess i will wait.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Was in the LGS yesterday. Three people were filling out forms. A few empty spots for long guns. A few empty beds for pistols. Fair amount of ammo in just about every caliber except .22 and the prices were still rather reasonable. Yesterday was slow. Friday they sold over 150 firearms! I bought 2 boxes of training ammo. People were coming from Bass Pro because they had nothing there.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Background checks have hit an all-time high, and have continued to break previous records:

Check out the graph, and the totals.
Glad to see it. When one thinks about who is really responsible for their protection, it makes perfect sense. Hopefully there are a lot of people waking up to that reality. With all the civil unrest going on in the last several weeks, maybe that is the case.

Time will tell, but hopefully it also helps in the fight against 2A infringements.

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Went to the LGS yesterday. Fair selection of firearms. Very limited ammo with most calibers out of stock.

Reactions: hogdaddy

·
Premium Member
33,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Walking past the gun counter at Rural King this morning, one might have thought they were giving away free samples. It was packed.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,798 Posts
I went to Sportsman's Warehouse a few days ago. The handgun ammo shelves had a few boxes of Winchester .410 for revolvers, a couple of boxes of .44 special, and four or five boxes of .454 Casull, 460 S&W magnum, and 500 S&W magnum.

The rifle ammo shelves were also very thin in popular calibers. The did have about twenty boxes of .338 WinMag from several manufacturers for my rifle.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
The time sucks for buying new firearms or ammo.
And when the buying stops the companies will start whining how they can't make ends meet and go out of business because they didn't build up a cash reserve for the lean years (just like most of their customers).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Went to a local gun shop that I frequent. They had about 30% of their normal stock of guns in general. I asked if they were interested in taking a gun on consignment. They said sure what is it. It's a 3913 smith in very good shape with 4 mags. Told them I'd take$500 for it. They said I was nuts. They offered me $300 outright. I said no thanks and they saw the last of me. Things must not be too desperate.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
It's looking good for 2A....
I have my doubts. I just don't see liberals and progressives taking a stand in defense of the 2A, even though they may be buying record numbers of guns right now. I believe that in the end, they care far more about their agendas than they do about gun rights. They will throw the 2A under the bus in a NY minute.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
There will be an uptick in negligent discharges, etc, and the anti community will point to these numbers and say "we told you so' - but they won't acknowledge the guns they bought during this time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have my doubts. I just don't see liberals and progressives taking a stand in defense of the 2A, even though they may be buying record numbers of guns right now. I believe that in the end, they care far more about their agendas than they do about gun rights. They will throw the 2A under the bus in a NY minute.
All the libs that bought all those guns for self protection will be unloading them in a few months. I will be waiting in the wings offering them a fraction of what they paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Truth be told, this is my gut feeling also.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
All the libs that bought all those guns for self protection will be unloading them in a few months. I will be waiting in the wings offering them a fraction of what they paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hear this a lot, but I don't think they will, for two reasons: First, I can't see anytime in the foreseeable future there will not be a threat. Second, just what you said. For what they will get offered on their "like new" guns, they are going to figure, "I went through all that paperwork and spent all that money. Might as well keep it. Also, I don't want to go back in that store again and be around all those conservatives!"

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Here's the irony of that: Only a very small percentage of traditional gun owners take a stand in defense of 2A, My guess is way under 8% who do anything at all and probably less than 1% who are real activists. I say this out of experience trying to recruit supporters for the VCDL for the last few years. This is why we are in the situation we are in, not so much the opposition. They have always been out there.

New liberal gun owners can't do too that much worse than traditional gun owners. Also, we don't need them to "take a stand on 2A." We just need them to move to right on guns a couple of notches. That would actually make a big difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts