Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was testing out my new smartcarry holster early this week, carrying at work and at the data center where we were installing some ram and a RAID cabinet to a machine. I ended up having a company-sponsored steak dinner with my co-worker, and we ended up going back to my hotel room to play some multiplayer computer games (yes we are geeks). As soon as we hit the hotel room, he says "Are you armed?"

I say "yeah, could you tell?"

He says "Yeah it's pretty obvious".

I was carrying a G19, and I guess it was printing pretty heavily on the front of my pants. I showed him how the smartcarry works, took it off, and said "In case you are worried about me carrying.......

...I have a gun for you too!" and I took a j-frame out of my front pocket. :danceban:

Fortunatley we've known each other since college so he doesn't really care, and isn't an anti.

It's odd though, he's the only person now who knows I carry.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You got MADE!!!

The question is, did anyone else know.

I believe that it would be quite hard to hide a gun from someone who is looking for it on you. The trick is to make it un-noticeable. It's hard to make it invisible.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So does this mean you dislike the smartcarry rig? Will you still use it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know, I'll still have to experiment with it. I'll try it with a 1911 too, it's a bit thinner, and I think it ws the Glock's beefy grips that gave it away.

·
Registered
143 Posts
"and I guess it was printing pretty heavily on the front of my pants."

Hmmm, I guess if any ladies were present they just thought you were being extra friendly. :image035:

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
jamz said:
I was carrying a G19, and I guess it was printing pretty heavily on the front of my pants.
Could be a whole new definition of banishing! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I've owned a smart carry for years. IMHO, it's all in how baggy the pants you are combined with how tall/large. I read all the testimonials about concealing full size guns but I'd have to wear supper baggy pants for that and that's not my style. Even with only a Kel-tec P3AT, it can be tight in the crotch depending on my pants. If i'm a size large it's better. To each their own!

God Bless
Gideon

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would have asking him why he was looking down there in the first place....hahahahaha

·
Registered
521 Posts
the smart-carry seems odd to me to begin with.
i have NO room in front of my britches to hide a gun.
i can't speak for the folks that it does fit but it seems out of character for me.
a regular holster is more for my fitting.
just me i guess.

·
Registered
376 Posts
And if you are going to carry a small gun in baggy pants, why not just pocket carry? It's more comfortable and much quicker to access. I just don't see the advantage in smartcarry - but in all fairness I've never tried it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm trying to find a way to carry a small 1911 while wearing dockers and a tucked in polo shirt (My summer wear). Smartcarry is one of my last options that I've been able to come up with. Even then I'm going to have a j-frame in a pocket, for quicker access. That's why the experiment. :)

I'm not worried about any gun having it's trigger pulled in this thing, especially a 1911 C&L. The Glock was sort of a stress-test...thicker, fewer safties. ;)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Pleated pants will work better to hide any buldge or print. I got away with my G30 in a normal pair of jeans and I am pretty thin. 5-10 140 and I deep concealed an 11-shot 45. Loved it. I had to put mine in more of a crossdraw. The gun was resting between my junk an dmy left leg. Worked perfectly.

Should work wonders with a 1911.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts