Defensive Carry banner

The walther or a new Kahr

• Stick with the P99 and it's 16 friends

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Get the smaller slimmer CW9 Kahr with only 7friends

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Your caliber choice is crap, aka 40 or 45 at least.

Votes: 4 12.9%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a kahr for quite awhile, and now that I have my class done I'm thinking I either need some new leather for the Walther or maybe I could justify getting a kahr because it's a bit smaller. What do you guys think? Should I get a new kahr or stick with my P99, and maybe get a AR for fun.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I didn't vote since the choices were too limiting for me; but tell ya what.....I own a Kahr P9 Covert and PM9 and Walther P99 AS Military 9mm, P99c AS 9mm and P99 QA Titanium .40 S&W. Each has a purpose in my inventory......ok, you caught me lying! Sorry! :biggrin2: I purchased those guns just because they're cool!

I would consider getting the Kahr to supplement the P99 since the P99 is a bigger gun with a larger payload. Perhaps the Kahr can serve as your hot-weather gun and the P99 as your winter gun? Do you have to get rid of the P99 to get the Kahr?

Get an AR? Every able-bodied, law-abiding citizen needs an AR (or two or three) in their home....so yes, get one not just for fun, but also for more serious social "interacting."

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Nothing carrys as good as a kahr imho if that helps lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
Diversity is the spice of life...if you can afford to buy another....Hell...buy another! I own a P9 and love it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not getting rid of my P99, I just have limited funds at the moment, and I'm having trouble with what to buy next, I guess is the way to put it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go for the Kahr CW9. I own one and love it.

Mark :smile:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Keep the P99 and save for the Kahr. Carry the Kahr when you can't carry the P99. You'll probably gravitate towards one but there's a time/purpose for either/both.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Buy the Kahr, some new leather, and the AR...
You only live once (unless you're married)!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the addvice I think I will be putting off the AR but only for a while and get a kahr pretty quick.

·
Registered
722 Posts
you wont be sorry about getting the cw9. I have one and love it. I alternate carrying that and my kimber ultra carry II. Both are lovely and have their place on my belt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts