Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets just say your wife birthday coming up is it against the law to buy your wife a gun?? In my name or is this a straw purchase if I do it that way????

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Buying a gun for your wife, while admirable, could be disastrous IF you don't let her pick it out.....
I learned the hard way....:nono:

Reactions: G26Raven and gen3

·
Registered
739 Posts
Lets just say your wife birthday coming up is it against the law to buy your wife a gun?? In my name or is this a straw purchase if I do it that way????
By law.. YOU can buy a gun and GIVE it to your wife as a gift. You can NOT have your wife give you money.. and then you go buy the gun with the money she gave you and give it to her.

Reporter in the other thread, can NOT use corporate funds to buy HERSELF a gun... both of these actions constitute a "straw purchase"

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Spark456 ... I am not an attorney and cannot dispense legal advice :ziplip:. However, the answer you seek (Ohio specific) can be found HERE on the Ohioans For Concealed Carry Forum :icon_neutral:

Reactions: nangpa

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
In Ohio you can give a gun as a gift. Buying a gun for your wife is like buying her shoes. You better let her try it before you buy it. Better yet she needs to pick it out. Do the gift certificate thing if you need a package to give her. Then rent or barrow as many as you can to let her try. If she can't pull a trigger, or work the slide, or hates the recoil she will hate it.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I go and buy the gun for myself, take the wife to the range for some range work. When we leave the gun I bought is now her gun. I took my wife to the range several years ago and she tried my 2 1/2" S&W 66. When we left that was now her gun. It was wonderful, it gave me an opportunity to find a nice 3" S&W 65.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I bought my Lady of 16 years a Bersa Thunder 380 {She liked the feel} and she shot it for about a year at the range. Then one time she tried my Rock Island 1911 Tac .45ACP and fell totally in Love. A little background..she`s 4'10 and 89lbs and this is a full size 1911....Guess who had to go buy another gun?. And still she tears up the center of the targets everytime...GRR.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
The worse offense my wife made, was to marry me. I bought her a firearm or two.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info. And yes I got her a LCP sometime back and she love it so I did good. But after buying it I was worry about did I do the right thing and Now I know.. Thanks again

·
Banned
514 Posts
Buying firearms as gifts is perfectly legal. Links and detailed info can be found on the many other threads we have on this same question. Be well :)

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Just buy her one you know she won't like . may be a dozen mistakes and watch your collection grow
This has worked for me a number of times! :lolp:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts