Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm going to be on an extended US road trip, and I'm wondering if there are any states where I can buy a handgun and take possession of it right there. I have an NC CCP and an NC DL. Is it a federal law that any gun purchases in states other than what's on your DL must be shipped to an FFL in the "home" state?
Thanks for your input!

·
Super Moderator
19,172 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's too bad. I guess I'll have to buy what I want before I leave. I was hoping to maybe find some good prices on my travels, but I'll be gone too long to want to have something shipped back to NC.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
When I'm traveling I tend to look for gun accessories, parts and sometimes ammo. No need then to worry about FFL restrictions. I have picked up a few really good deals while traveling including a new Mossberg 12 ga slug barrel w/ rifle sights for $25 at a gun store going out of business. Good luck!

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
Yes you can ..But only if it is a black powder firearms or a pre 1899 or 1898 (I need to check ) antique ..That said you can buy rifles and shotguns out of state for the most part ..Some state wont allow it some will ..It does help you are from NC that tends to make it easier ...

I think also if you have a c&r ffl that might allow you to buy c&r handguns ( which now is getting to be a lot ) out of state .but not a 100 on that

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you can ..But only if it is a black powder firearms or a pre 1899 or 1898 (I need to check ) antique ..That said you can buy rifles and shotguns out of state for the most part ..Some state wont allow it some will ..It does help you are from NC that tends to make it easier ...

I think also if you have a c&r ffl that might allow you to buy c&r handguns ( which now is getting to be a lot ) out of state .but not a 100 on that
"C&R"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts