Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone regularly bought ammo from places such as gunbroker.com? I am considering it but I have my reservations. How do you know the condition, age etc... Worried that they may have been wet etc...

Let me know your experience and how you feel about this.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
So far, no.
Many require a copy of my Driver's License, and I'm not giving that out to anyone, especially strangers.
However, I'm not opposed to buying from Gunbroker, I've never been dissatisfied.

As with any internet buy, check the price of shipping, as that may be a deal killer.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
ammo on gunbroker.com tends to go high.
When I do buy stuff there I use paypal :gah:... or send money order.
I have bought ammo from Georgia Arms though not in the past year due to the backlogs and J&G Sales .
I was very satisfied with both of them.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I also recommend checking "ammoengine.com". It will give you retailers and price along with a link to the retailer's site.
I'm always checking for .380, but I refuse to pay a buck a round, if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
While I have bought a lot of ammo on line, I haven't done so through an auction. I tend to shop around, then make the best choice from what I have reviewed. In order to get a good deal through an auction, you have to now the value of what you're bidding on, and also be aware of the shipping and handling. You also have to have the self discipline to make a decision on your highest bid, and stick to it. In too many auctions, people can get carried away with the competition aspect, and end up spending more that they expected.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also recommend checking "ammoengine.com". It will give you retailers and price along with a link to the retailer's site.
I'm always checking for .380, but I refuse to pay a buck a round, if you catch my drift.
Thanks, I tried ammoengine.com which lead me to ammunitiontogo.com. I picked up a few boxes of Speer Gold Dot .40 S&W (50 count) for $23.95 per box. Pretty good considering I bought a box of 20 at my local range for around $28 or $32

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts