Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me what that means??

thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
It would help if you explained in what context the initials were used. Commercial Operating License - Confused. Obnoxious. Lazy (explains a lot of sheep?)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without placing it into a context I can only guess.......... Cartridge Overall Length.
i think that is correct! it is in my speer reloading manual! "C.O.L tested at 1.130" " i was thinking that is what it meant but i was not 100% sure..

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
that is the max length of the round. in other words you do not want the round to be longer than what the col is. also there sould be a lower number.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is the only number listed...

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
There should be a minimum length for the bullet grain/powder charge,some rounds if you set too deep can compress the powder charge resulting in higher pressures.If you set them right around there should be ok.If you state what caliber and bullet weight we can give more accurate info

·
Registered
144 Posts
COL is cartrige overall length, measured from the base to the tip of bullet. This is the length that was used when testing the various loads done by various mfg's in their respective loading manuals. Do NOT go shorter than this length or the cup pressure is going to go up in a hurry!

You might see a tiny bit shorter depending on your press, but .001-.003 shouldn't hurt a thing. Especially if you're not at max load.

A little longer will decrease pressure, but may not chamber correctly. You'll just have to check and see for your gun.

Good luck and be safe!

Mike

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9mm 125 grain lead roundnose with 3.5 grains of bullseye powder

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
1.130 inches C.O.L. for 9mm 125 grain lead roundnose with 3.5 grains of bullseye powder, according to my handbook, should give you about 930fps.
Speer Reloading Manual 12th edition.

bosco

1 - 11 of 11 Posts