Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You folks that use the ctac holsters. Do you like them and are they comfortable with the various adjustments. Do they conceal well and how do you wear them. I like the fact you have various adjustments and they look very thin. How about extra magazines how do you carry those. The ctac web dosent list any mag carriers do you just use a standard mag carrier from another company. Just a few ?? before I make a purchase. It looks like what Im looking for in a holster. Thanks everyone and have a great day.

Sixgun

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have ctac's to fit a few guns. In fact, I'm carrying my Glock 29 (10mm) in a ctac right now.
The ability to adjust depth and cant is a big +. I like mine to ride low with about a 20 degree cant.
The clip options can get a bit crazy though. For me, the standard clips work the best. I have trouble keeping the belt in the C clips and can't even deal with the J clips. All style clips come in various lengths as well. Whatever style clips you get, get the longest ones offered as they'll have the most adjustment capability.

Regarding the mag carrier, Comp-tac does make single and double mag carriers. I generally use a Desantis pocket mag carrier though unless I am competing in a match and then I use a Comp-tac mag carrier that goes on my belt.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the time guys. Ill check with ctac on the mag carriers. In the mean time gettin the wife to part with the$$$$ so I can buy one and a mag carrier. Thanks again

Sixgun

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I have two CTAC holsters with two more on the way.

Sig Forum and THR member Panagris is doing a group buy of the Comp Tac stuff on Sig Forum. I'm ordering another CTAC holster on the group buy for my HK USP .45 ACP.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have two C.T.A.C. holsters and love them. My latest is for my brand new Kimber Pro Carry II, and with the C.T.A.C. it conceals as well as my much smaller Taurus Mil Pro.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes the CTAC is comfortable, but if you have a big "spare tire" it may not be (no IWB will be, for that matter). Personally I put the spare mag in one designated pocket that only contains the mag, indexed properly so I can retrieve and insert quickly.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a C.T.A.C. slide for small GLOCKs in 9mm, 380, 40, 357. I currently only have a GLOCK 26 and it conceals very well. I do need a real gun belt to help hold the butt up tight to my body. I wear it at 4-5 o'clock. I cant say enough about it, great piece of equipment. I also have a Compt-Tac spare mag holder. Be aware that if you have a double stack gun the mag carriers are very thick and IMO don't put the mag close enough to the body, but its still a great piece of equipment aswell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
exposurecontrol said:
I have two C.T.A.C. holsters and love them. My latest is for my brand new Kimber Pro Carry II, and with the C.T.A.C. it conceals as well as my much smaller Taurus Mil Pro.
great to hear...I use a pt145 mil pro as a bug and I was intrested in a comp-tac for my 1911 for IDPA...looks like I'll need 2

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a CTAC for my G23. I found it to be fairly comfortable but ended up putting some mole skin (adhesive stuff you can find in the foot product aisle in the store) so it didn't dig into my side as much. I now use my Cochise Defender from K&D. It is basically the same concept but in (very well done) leather that I find to be more comfortable than the rigid kydex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts