Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people question the ownership of an AR15 for example. This is a good reason why one should be on hand...

California campers receive disturbing rape threats from group of outdoorsmen | Fox News

"They say a group of male campers with a rusted truck, BB guns and a chainsaw complimented their music and even invited them over for beer. But they later said it was their territory, and threatened that if the couple didn't leave by sun-up, they'd raid their tent and rape the woman.

"[They] ended it by making sure my boyfriend knew they planned on raping me in the morning," she said"

·
Registered
8 Posts
When people question the ownership of an AR15 for example. This is a good reason why one should be on hand...

California campers receive disturbing rape threats from group of outdoorsmen | Fox News

"They say a group of male campers with a rusted truck, BB guns and a chainsaw complimented their music and even invited them over for beer. But they later said it was their territory, and threatened that if the couple didn't leave by sun-up, they'd raid their tent and rape the woman.

"[They] ended it by making sure my boyfriend knew they planned on raping me in the morning," she said"
Sounds like a crew from "Deliverance" got after them. Since it happened in California, I wonder if it was illegal for them to have a weapon in the park, or even in the county? When I went camping with my family, in any state, I always had a pistol with me. Much rather be safe than sorry!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That's what I call home grown terrorism! That gets my blood boiling. Hope they find those cretins and do more than give them a slap on the wrist.

Reactions: Bad Bob and LilRip

·
Premium Member
38,933 Posts

The account strikes me as unlikely, if not unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
IF you have a permit. Good luck in some counties.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So they filed a false police report...why? Maybe the boyfriend lied to the girl to justify leaving?...ok maybe. I can see some drunken jerks running off at the mouth. I posted it cuz it can happen and is a great reason to be armed when camping.

I used to camp with my family every year since the 60's. Its definitely getting more weird out there, more encounters with drug types and aggressive people. We never go without at least a 12 ga slug gun for protection..

·
Premium Member
38,933 Posts
So they filed a false police report...why? Maybe the boyfriend lied to the girl to justify leaving?...ok maybe. I can see some drunken jerks running off at the mouth. I posted it cuz it can happen and is a great reason to be armed when camping.

I used to camp with my family every year since the 60's. Its definitely getting more weird out there, more encounters with drug types and aggressive people. We never go without at least a 12 ga slug gun for protection..
People file false police reports all the time for whatever reason. I'm not saying that's the case here, simply that the story doesn't resonate as likely to me.

Reactions: Secret Spuk and OD*

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
People file false police reports all the time for whatever reason. I'm not saying that's the case here, simply that the story doesn't resonate as likely to me.
I agree...you would think after being invited over they would have had enough information (make, model, license of "rusted out truck") to guide LEO straight to them.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
So she writes about it all over Facebook and Yelp and God knows where else but now is afraid they will find her???
Sure it could have happened but I'm also leaning towards shenanigans.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It would me too but I grew up in Southern California. The state may be densely populated but traveling East you find vast open deserts, snow-covered mountains; Places where you can go and experience a level of silence that is unparalleled. Unfortunately, experiencing these places is best kept to a day trip because if you stay long enough you will discover people out there, and I'm using the word 'people' loosely. They're like humanoids. The most inbred, *******, bumpkin you can imagine doesn't come close. They openly carry weapons, drive vehicles with open headers--basically break the law with impunity and you just wonder where they live. They may live out there I guess, in old campers or tents. Some of them are out there to manufacture drugs of course, some are probably hiding out from law enforcement but almost anyone you encounter who is not from the city is going to be hostile, psychologically unsound and best avoided.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If shes writing all about it on Facebook, very well could be a drama queen looking for attention...who knows. My point was to provide a scenario under which one SHOULD be armed...camping is a definite YES

·
Registered
323 Posts
possible. but i bet a lot of home brew whisky had something to do with this.

as a guy who never camps with any lady's (just do not know any that like to camp --tent or rv--), but to go into the mts and not have a gun on you is just sad. being the problem having four, two, no legs.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That is exactly what the police thought a couple years ago when the Vallejo woman was abducted from her home and released two days later. The police labeled it a hoax, made no attempt to find the perpetrator, and slandered her and her boyfriend in the media. The FBI captured the assailant several months later and the city had to apologized. The couple is now suing.

·
Registered
672 Posts

I'm right there with you Mike. It doesn't sound probable to me. Possible yes, but anything is possible it is possible that we were abducted by aliens and none of this is real. I knew a girl in high school that told everyone this friend of mine raped her. I confronted him and he denied it and so I confronted her and she admitted she was just salty that he broke up with her. I remember in Oceanside these girls were making a huge deal that these guys at the beach sexually assaulted them turns out all they did was whistle at the girls and they were offended and wanted those guys to pay for "disrespecting" them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts